Mobile menu

Freelancing in Malta
Thread poster: TRADL

Local time: 07:07
English to French
+ ...
Oct 19, 2006

Hi everyone,
I've just read a recent forum about freelancing in various EU countries and its advantages, especially tax-wise. I'd like to get the opinion of people living and freelancing in Malta and some information regarding the tax regime, social security etc. My boyfriend and I were actually thinking of moving to Malta. We would both be freelancing then (I am only at the moment). We've been there twice on holiday and have also looked at properties etc. but we're now having second thoughts because we think it might be quite hard to integrate and also due to the lack of "stuff" (entertainment, etc.) over there. Anyway, we'd still like to hear from people living there to see what the situation is. Thanks a lot!

Direct link Reply with quote

Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:07
Flemish to English
+ ...
Eures Oct 19, 2006
"living and working" might be a start. It's intended for employees, but there is also a section about being-self employed.

B.T.W., Unlike some bureaucratic countries, like Belgium and France, the UK is very "friendly" towards self-employed and entrepreneurial people.

[Edited at 2006-10-19 15:08]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Freelancing in Malta

Advanced search

Translation news

Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs