Mobile menu

Actual advantages of upgrading non-paying membership to premium or platinum membership!
Thread poster: Hazel Shin
Hazel Shin
South Korea
Local time: 01:54
English to Korean
+ ...
Nov 23, 2001

I\'m beginner here in Proz.com but I have much experience in my language pair (EN > KR) translation or localization for 5 years. There\'re many jobs posted but were no jobs, even any mail replies for me. So I\'m considering upgrading my membership. How many jobs or opportunities can I access after upgrading? And what about upgrading premium to platinum membership?

Thanks in advance.
[addsig]

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 12:24
SITE FOUNDER
Platinum members benefit from preferential placement Nov 23, 2001

Platinum members do not see more jobs than non-Platinum members. The benefit of Platinum membership is that you get preferential placement on the site, and therefore more exposure to clients. As a result, Platinum members get more jobs.

Specific advantages are explained: HERE. (Note: There are not many InstantJobs at the moment. This should not be your major reason for going Platinum.)

There are not so many Platinum members in the Asian languages. If you know how to market yourself, you may find that upgraded membership is a good investment.

Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 18:24
English to Dutch
+ ...
upgrading leads to more direct contacts Nov 23, 2001

Hi Hazel,

I can add the following to that:

once you\'re better placed on the site, outsourcers (agencies, translators and others alike) tend to contact you a lot more frequently ( & directly) from your profile page.

Definitely worth the \'investment\'.

Good luck and have a nice weekend.

Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO)
Local time: 12:24
German to English
+ ...
I agree with Henry and Evert Nov 23, 2001

Prem. or Plat. ranking will attract more direct clients to your profile (and we all want direct clients, right?)

Living proof: just got a phone call from a direct client this morning who had seen my ProZ profile.

Hazel Shin
South Korea
Local time: 01:54
English to Korean
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 25, 2001

Thanks for the replies. Also Could you know me more about premium and platinum membership? For example, platinum membership has twice more opportunites than premium.

Thanks.
[addsig]

Lydia Molea  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:24
English to German
+ ...
same question Feb 28, 2002

I do understand the difference between non-paying and platinum membership. So what exactly is better or worse about premium? Or rather: what makes platinum preferable? Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Actual advantages of upgrading non-paying membership to premium or platinum membership!

Advanced search

Translation news

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs