Feedback needed from paying language.proz.com email users
Thread poster: sylvie malich

sylvie malich
Germany
Local time: 14:01
German to English
Nov 10, 2002

I am decidedly unhappy with my increasingly unreliable email service and would like to change. Can you paying language.proz.com users give me some feedback on your satisfaction/dissatisfaction? I am particularly interested in downtimes and lost or delayed emails if any and how long you have been using the service.

Direct link Reply with quote

Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
Paying members are not privileged Nov 10, 2002

If you refer to e-mail notification about KudoZ questions and jobs, there is absolutely no difference in treatment between paying and non-paying members.

However, if you go Platinum, this might pay for some hardware upgrades that would speed up the site .

Uwe Kirmse  Identity Verified
Polish to German
+ ...
Sorry, my English is not the best, ... Nov 10, 2002

...darum werde ich deutsch antworten.

Die Adressen name@language.proz.com werden nicht nur für zahlende Mitglieder angeboten. Ich selbst nutze sie nicht, da ich viele andere habe. Du hast aber doch eine eigene Domain (www.einmalich.net). Im Normalfall bieten alle Firmen, die Domainhosting anbieten, auch die Möglichkeit an, zumindest eine E-Mail-Adresse (z.B. sylvie@einmalich.net) einzurichten. Schau doch mal nach, ob das zu deinem Tarif gehört. Diese Adressen sind meistens die zuverlässigsten, und sie sehen auch besser aus als eine Hotmail-Adresse. Als Zweitadresse kann man dann immer noch die von ProZ.com nehmen. Und die Hotmail-Adresse behält man am besten, um sie dort anzugeben, wo man im Internet nach einer Adresse gefragt wird, aber nicht seine \"gute\" Adresse angeben will.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-11-10 16:35 ]

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:01
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
I am a paying user Nov 10, 2002

I have a jackdoughty@language.proz.com email address. You can get this service free, but I have upgraded mine by paying a small sum ($20 per annum if I remember rightly) to increase the memory available from 1 MB to 25 MB. I only use this as a reserve, but on one occasion when I was using it, a client sent me a document in the form of a tiff file, which was over 1 MB and rendered it unusable until I re-registered under a slightly different name.

I have not made much use of it, but as far as I can tell it seems quite satisfactory.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-11-10 17:16 ]

sylvie malich
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
I'm afraid you all misunderstood except Jack Doughty! Nov 10, 2002

To the others: I have my own reasons for not wanting to use Outlook and I need an email service I can call up anywhere I am. That\'s why I am looking for an alternative.

I already have an alternative address with proz.mail and am thinking about paying the $20 a year but want to know if it is worth it (!) Okay, it\'s only about $2 a month, but I don\'t want to change my business cards and find out it is just as unreliable.

So, ARE there any of you besides Jack who have paid for more storage. Or can anybody give me another alternative?

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-12-03 10:13 ]

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 08:01
SITE FOUNDER
email provided by everyone.net has good reputation Nov 10, 2002

For what it is worth, ProZ.com has no control over the language.proz.com email service. That service is offered by everyone.net. This company has a very good reputation and in the surveys we have done of ProZ.com members who take advantage of the free level of service, almost everyone is very satisified. (We did hear about some character set issues.)

One advantage of the service over hotmail, yahoo, etc., is that email notifications from ProZ.com seem to arrive more quickly. (Still, getting email through an ISP with POP service is probably best.)

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Try T-Online and Deutsche Telekom Nov 11, 2002

I have two business e-mail adresses, the one hosted by T-Online with my business homepage. I´m have bought space from them to host a domain for me and I have five e-mail adresses going with it.

The second domain comes from the Deutsche Telekom, as I have my internet access via DSL alled \"Business Online\", comming from DT. It is not the usual Flat-Rate, but it is a volumen charge. 2 GB per month are free, any MB data traffic above must be paid.

The advantage of both is, that you can access them with any e-mail client from everywhere in the world, regardles the IP you are currently using to access the Internet. You can access them also with your Internet browser.

If you need further details, please contact me privately, as I would prefere to correspond in German.

Jerzy

sylvie malich
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Update Nov 29, 2002

Okay, I relented and set up Outlook with my \"vanity\" address and updated my antivirus software and did a backup...

I\'m going to use .language.proz.com as my alternate when I\'m on vacation.

Thanks for the help.

[ This Message was edited by:on2002-12-18 10:42]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Feedback needed from paying language.proz.com email users

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums