Thread poster: Susana Galilea
Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:16
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 17, 2003

Hello all,

I am relocating from New York City to Chicago in the Spring, and am in the market for a new health insurance carrier. I have been reading up on MSA\'s and would be very much interested in getting one established. From what I understand, the method that works best is to have an MSA in combination with a major medical policy to cover emergencies.

My question is to those who may have gone through the process of opening an MSA. I would appreciate any advice on reputable companies, as well as any feedback on whether or not this is a good option. MSA\'s are not available in the state of New York, which is the reason I have never had a chance to pursue this topic.

Also, does anyone have any feedback on the products offered by Care Entree/SmartCare Insurance?

Thanks much,

Direct link Reply with quote

Nina Engberg  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:16
Member (2003)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Got Care Entree -- looking for MSA. Mar 17, 2003

My husband and I are also thinking of an MSA, so I am eager to read any replys to your post!

As far as Care Entree goes, we have had a card for almost a year now. We haven\'t had to use it for anything but dental care yet, but it sure is a moneysaver. My husband\'s dental bill last time was for almost $400 and he only paid abt $200.

Also if you\'re a C-corporation, like we are, you can have the company pay for any medical costs (drugs, co-pays, premiums etc.).

I would recommend the card (only $70 per month for the whole family, and there\'s 6 of us).

Hope your weekend was good. We had plenty of sunshine here in the Rockies.

Laura Blijleven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:16
English to Dutch
Google has a whole page of them Mar 23, 2003

I\'m quite happy with mine - $3400 deductible for 2 people (in California). Once you\'ve paid into the MSA for a couple of years and know you have the money to pay for medical costs you can breathe a little easier, because the high deductible is a bit scarey. I almost met my deductible last year after a mountain bike fall, and sure was glad I had $5000 in there. Now it\'s reduced to $2200, but at least Uncle Sam ended up paying about a third of all those outrageous bills (as the MSA is tax-free).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

need advice setting up a Medical Savings Account

Advanced search

Translation news

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs