Thread poster: Susana Galilea
Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:51
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 17, 2003

Hello all,

I am relocating from New York City to Chicago in the Spring, and am in the market for a new health insurance carrier. I have been reading up on MSA\'s and would be very much interested in getting one established. From what I understand, the method that works best is to have an MSA in combination with a major medical policy to cover emergencies.

My question is to those who may have gone through the process of opening an MSA. I would appreciate any advice on reputable companies, as well as any feedback on whether or not this is a good option. MSA\'s are not available in the state of New York, which is the reason I have never had a chance to pursue this topic.

Also, does anyone have any feedback on the products offered by Care Entree/SmartCare Insurance?

Thanks much,

Susana

Direct link Reply with quote

Nina Engberg  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:51
English to Swedish
+ ...
Got Care Entree -- looking for MSA. Mar 17, 2003

Susana,

My husband and I are also thinking of an MSA, so I am eager to read any replys to your post!

As far as Care Entree goes, we have had a card for almost a year now. We haven\'t had to use it for anything but dental care yet, but it sure is a moneysaver. My husband\'s dental bill last time was for almost $400 and he only paid abt $200.

Also if you\'re a C-corporation, like we are, you can have the company pay for any medical costs (drugs, co-pays, premiums etc.).

I would recommend the card (only $70 per month for the whole family, and there\'s 6 of us).

Hope your weekend was good. We had plenty of sunshine here in the Rockies.

Nina

Laura Blijleven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:51
English to Dutch
Google has a whole page of them Mar 23, 2003

http://directory.google.com/Top/Business/Financial_Services/Insurance/Agents_and_Marketers/Health/Medical_Savings_Accounts/

I\'m quite happy with mine - $3400 deductible for 2 people (in California). Once you\'ve paid into the MSA for a couple of years and know you have the money to pay for medical costs you can breathe a little easier, because the high deductible is a bit scarey. I almost met my deductible last year after a mountain bike fall, and sure was glad I had $5000 in there. Now it\'s reduced to $2200, but at least Uncle Sam ended up paying about a third of all those outrageous bills (as the MSA is tax-free).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

need advice setting up a Medical Savings Account

Advanced search

Translation news

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs