Mobile menu

rate for urgent subtitling of 1 1/2 movie
Thread poster: xxxlauren herme
xxxlauren herme  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 21, 2003

Hi everyone,

I just got an offer to translate subtitles for an hour and a half long movie, this weekend. I\'d have basically Saturday and Sunday to do it. There are approx. 800 2 line subtitles. Does anyone have a point of reference of how much I should charge for this translation here in Spain?

Thank you,

Lauren Hermele

Direct link Reply with quote
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:24
English to German
+ ...
Depends Mar 21, 2003

Prices in Spain are lower than here in the UK. Are you sure every subtitle has two lines? I would go for something between 6 and 7 EUR per minute or between 0.65 and 0.70 EUR per subtitle.

C Greene  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:24
Partial member
English to French
+ ...
This might help you... Mar 21, 2003

Hello Lauren,

I think you\'ll probably find that as a rule... there is no rule !

I do a fair bit of subtitling for an agency that pays US$ 300 per video hour - I know however that they are really, really exceptional. I guess the usual rate is about 140/160 per video hour; some other agencies pay by video minute, by subtitle or by video meter (!!)

The following topic is quite interesting - hope this helps you a little and have a nice week-end

Juan Jacob  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:24
French to Spanish
+ ...
Precios... Mar 21, 2003

Hola, Lauren. Me especializo en traducción para subtitulaje. Primera pregunta: ¿qué tienes que hacer? ¿La traducción textual en Word, o el proceso completo que es traducir, tomar tiempos y adpatar?

En este caso, y tratándose de un trabajo urgente, no menos de 3 dólares por minuto de la película, de la primera a la última imagen, haya o no haya diálogos.

Mucha suerte. Te recomiendo que te pongas en contacto con una lista de traductores audiovisuales basada en Barcelona y Madrid que te podrían ayudar mucho: trag@yahoogroups

Juan Jacob.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

rate for urgent subtitling of 1 1/2 movie

Advanced search

Translation news

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs