Sanjay Ray  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 03:07
Member (2002)
English to Bengali
+ ...
Nov 24, 2007

Dear Friends,
I was doing some research on the staus of TM tools like Trados, Wordfast in Bengali translation.
Some of you might be using one or the other tool.
Would you mind to share your experience in this area? Based on your inputs I shall make them available in my blog, the url of which is given in my PROZ profile.
=Ostom

Anna Konar
Anna Konar  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 00:37
English to Russian
+ ...
Bengali in Trados 2009 Oct 1, 2010

I use Trados 2009. And Multiterm does not work for Bengali language though Trados itself works fine.

Sanjay Ray
Sanjay Ray  Identity Verified
India
Member (2002)
English to Bengali
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados for translating English into Bengali Oct 2, 2010

I Want to use Trados for translating English and Russian files into Bengali. I need
some help. Readers of my blog "Tips for translators"
are also interested to know about use of Trados for Bengali. Any information or resource shall be appreciated.
I dont see anybody in proz using Trados for Bangla.

Anna Konar
Anna Konar  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 00:37
English to Russian
+ ...
What kind of help do you need? Oct 2, 2010

Why don't you simply try to translate from English or Russian to Bengali and see the result? Or you want someone else try it for you and you'll get the content for your blog?

Pinaki Talukdar
Pinaki Talukdar  Identity Verified
India
English to Bengali
+ ...
My two cents Jun 30, 2011

I have used, and still using Trados for translating from English to Bengali. If we work with unicode fonts Trados works fine but for non-uniocde fonts it still does not have support. As for Multiterm, now Trados 2009 supports it.

For wordfast classic and pro unicode font translation into Bengali is a breeze. However using non unicode fonts, only wordfast classic supports it but one or two character corruptions may be introduced.

I have no experience about Deja vu.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Use of TM tools for Bengali Translation

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »