Thread poster: adyutpaul
adyutpaul
India
Local time: 23:47
English to Bengali
+ ...
Dec 24, 2007

Dear All

Arial Unicode can be used for typing in other Indian languages. But I cann't able to use this for Bengali. Can anyone help me in this regards.

Regards
adyut

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-12-24 11:38]

Direct link Reply with quote

T Valley  Identity Verified
Member (2005)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Bengali in Unicode Dec 26, 2007

Dear adyut

In Arial Unicode font you can type any langauge including Bengali too. you will have to fist activate Bengali from Control panel.

just try this below method but make sure that you have this font already installed in your computer -

go to Start>Control panel> Regional and language options . when you have done it you will see three tabs on the top. just click on languages Tab and it will take you to another small window wherein two boxes would be there. Just check them and insert your windows CD and let it run as it will load something for about 2 minutes.

once you are done it let me know and i ll help you further.

Roy Chaudhuri  Identity Verified
India
Member (2006)
English to Bengali
+ ...
Arial Unicode Dec 28, 2007

I also have similar problems with this font. I was told by one of my brother translators that Arial Unicode has problems in Bengali.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Bengali Typing in Arial Unicode - Help please

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs