Thread poster: Zlatan Piric (X)
Zlatan Piric (X)
Zlatan Piric (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:21
English to Bosnian
+ ...
Feb 23, 2006

Postovani kolege jako bih cijenio da mi pomognete sastaviti CV

U biti bavim se stranim jezicima(vise njih) intenzivno vec 10 godina... no nema nekog profesionalnog iskustva osim zadnju godinu kada sam radio prevodeci uglavnom za potrebe lokalnih studenata preko lokalnih papirnatih oglasa...
takodjer prije par godina sam preveo jednu knjigu "Obmane teorije evolucije"...sve ostalo je bilo amaterski....cini mi se da je moj jedini adut zavrsen stomatoloski fakultet i da mi to mozd
... See more

U biti bavim se stranim jezicima(vise njih) intenzivno vec 10 godina... no nema nekog profesionalnog iskustva osim zadnju godinu kada sam radio prevodeci uglavnom za potrebe lokalnih studenata preko lokalnih papirnatih oglasa...
takodjer prije par godina sam preveo jednu knjigu "Obmane teorije evolucije"...sve ostalo je bilo amaterski....cini mi se da je moj jedini adut zavrsen stomatoloski fakultet i da mi to mozda moze biti od pomoci za dobijanje prevoda iz medicine posebice iz stomatologija...sto mislite?

Srdacno!
Zlatan
Collapse

A.Đapo
A.Đapo  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2007)
English to Serbo-Croat
+ ...
Dobrodosli Feb 23, 2006

Kako bi najbolje organiyovali Vas CV, mislim d abi bilo dobro da pogledate CV-je kod nekoliko kolega
CV treba da sadrzi:
jezike
kontakt podatke
obrazovanje
radno iskustvo
kratke opise prevodilackih projekata
Sretno!

vorloff
vorloff
Bosnian to English
+ ...
CV help Apr 9, 2006

Hi Zlatan,

If you'd like, I can take a look at your CV and profile text and edit it for you. You can e-mail it to me through this site, or my e-mail listed on my profile page CV on ProZ.

Vera

Zlatan Piric wrote:

takodjer prije par godina sam preveo jednu knjigu "Obmane teorije evolucije"...sve ostalo je bilo amaterski....cini mi se da je moj jedini adut zavrsen stomatoloski fakultet i da mi to mozda moze biti od pomoci za dobijanje prevoda iz medicine posebice iz stomatologija...sto mislite?

Srdacno!
Zlatan

Zlatan Piric (X)
Zlatan Piric (X)  Identity Verified
English to Bosnian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
nothing to write about Apr 9, 2006

Hi Vera!

Thank you for generous offer, however the problem is I have almost nothing to write, at least not those info which, it seems, the agencies place most emphasis on, e.g. how long and who was I working for as a translator, what are my language certificates, diplomas from Language universities etc.

p.s Amra, takodjer, najljepsa hvala

[Edited at 2006-04-09 13:27]

vorloff
vorloff
Bosnian to English
+ ...
Not true Apr 10, 2006

If you have been studying or have had exposure to foreign languages for 10 years, as you said, then you have something to write in your CV. The main questions your CV should answer is how you got this exposure (how do you know these languages), what kind of exposure you've had to them (did you live in a country where the language was spoken, did you write something in that language related to your studies, did you study in a foreign counrtry, etc). Even if you didn't, what experience do you have... See more
If you have been studying or have had exposure to foreign languages for 10 years, as you said, then you have something to write in your CV. The main questions your CV should answer is how you got this exposure (how do you know these languages), what kind of exposure you've had to them (did you live in a country where the language was spoken, did you write something in that language related to your studies, did you study in a foreign counrtry, etc). Even if you didn't, what experience do you have in your native language that makes you qualified to write in it? Did you do any editing or writing, what was your field of study, research you did, any specialized knowledge you might have, degrees, etc. For the rest of it, you fill it in with your education and work experience.

Hope that helps. It's not as difficult as it might seem at first. Once you get over the hurdle of writing it up, you're done, and can send the same CV for all language and writing related assignments. (You should have a different one for other types of jobs.) Just think about all that you have done and experienced, and write it down, when and where and how, then I will help you make it sound as good as it can, while being truthful.

Vera
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Pomoc kod sastavljanja CV

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »