international website
Thread poster: Romina Minucci
Romina Minucci
Local time: 03:43
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 27, 2008

dear all,

the company for which I have been working is building an international website for all the costumers worldwide.

They would like to insert in this site a section with all provinces, districts, shires and so on for every country.

It results to be difficult for them to make the same thing they did for Italy, I mean to insert the list of italian Provinces, since actually it is not the same thing for other countries.

I'm wondering if you know about a website where I can find the list of the “levels” of territorial distinction...

thank you very much for all your suggestions,

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:43
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
When it comes to Europe probably you should go NUTS Mar 27, 2008

Have a look here:

and here:

patyjs  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:43
Spanish to English
+ ...
Yes, the European Commission. Mar 27, 2008

Yiu can download their English style guide here: , the list of regions appears as an appendix and the guide has lots of other useful information.

Also, Wikipedia lists all the regions for any country, I believe.

Good luck.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

international website

Advanced search

Translation news

Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs