https://www.proz.com/forum/business_issues/102182-unsolicited_translation_test.html

unsolicited translation test
Thread poster: Joan Berglund
Joan Berglund
Joan Berglund  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:40
Member (2008)
French to English
Apr 14, 2008

I just received a translation test from an agency that I did not remember applying to. They had a very generic name, similar to but not exactly like a dozen other agencies on the Blue Board, with varying reputations. After looking through my sent mail, I determined I never contacted these guys for anything. The test had some very odd questions and rather poor grammar, so I decided it wasn't worth pursuing. Anyone else ever get something like this?

Carla Abdel Karim
Carla Abdel Karim
United Arab Emirates
Local time: 01:40
French to Arabic
+ ...
Yes Apr 14, 2008

I received a very similar email about 2 days ago.
I decided the best way to go with it is ignoring it.

Just keep track of the agencies you actually send your quotes to and usually deal with.

Cheers!

Carla.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

unsolicited translation test

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »