Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
How to review a translator agreement before signing it?
Thread poster: linadia
linadia
linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
There is an indemnity clause Jun 28, 2008

Dear Anita,

Your suggestions are great. I see that most of the terms in that agreement do not work for me.

Anita Eichner wrote:

Since they're so prescriptive, I'm surprised there is no indemnity clause - or is there? Something along the lines that you're supposed to indemnify them from all losses and damages and so forth in case you breach the agreement? I'd delete that too...

They have an indemnity clause that states that the translator is to indemnify them "from all losses, damages, injury, costs and expenses of whatever nature suffered by (...) to extend that the same are caused by or related to: - materials or drawings given to (...) by the Translator in relation to the provision of the translation service provided by the Translator. - any breach of warranty given by the Translator in this Service Agreement. - any breach by the Translator of the terms of this Service Agreement."

linadia
linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I did not sign it Jun 28, 2008

Damian Harrison wrote:

If you don't like a contract, don't sign it. Alter the contract, send it back and negotiate a deal that you feel more comfortable with.

After giving it a good thought and reading all your posts thouroughly and based on my previous experience in signing translator-agency agreements, I found that this particular one will not be fair to me.

Thank you all again for your kind help
Nadia

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to review a translator agreement before signing it?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »