interesting trend, but not so interesting...
Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 06:41
English to German
+ ...
Jun 25, 2008

Hi!
Here is a sample text, please translate and send back within 24 hours. Please also send us all the references. "

Well I had sent the translation back and do not expect them to contact me, because I do not give my customer information due to NDA governance. A few agencies are making this mandatory these days. My profile and the test translation says much about me. Generally translators that collaborate with me without signing an NDA normally tend to contact my customers, b
... See more
Hi!
Here is a sample text, please translate and send back within 24 hours. Please also send us all the references. "

Well I had sent the translation back and do not expect them to contact me, because I do not give my customer information due to NDA governance. A few agencies are making this mandatory these days. My profile and the test translation says much about me. Generally translators that collaborate with me without signing an NDA normally tend to contact my customers, but certainly not the potential outsourcers as well, for the fact I do not even know whether there is a project. All input is much welcomed. Groggy about some similar issues. Brandis
Collapse

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 23:41
Spanish
+ ...
Several discussions Jun 25, 2008

Hello Brandis,

I started a similar discussion months ago and based on the responses, some colleagues have no problems providing reference, while for different reasons some of us do. Many agencies have to meet ISO requirements and that includes working with translators that have provided references. Interestingly enough, many of those ISO-agencies require their translators not to disclose any information about the agencies.

... See more
Hello Brandis,

I started a similar discussion months ago and based on the responses, some colleagues have no problems providing reference, while for different reasons some of us do. Many agencies have to meet ISO requirements and that includes working with translators that have provided references. Interestingly enough, many of those ISO-agencies require their translators not to disclose any information about the agencies.

Here's the link of the discussion, but I know it's not the only one. Read José Henrique Lamensdorf's comment, it was very eye-opening for me.

[Edited at 2008-06-25 15:41]
Collapse

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 06:41
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ISO / ENSO/ DIN. Jun 25, 2008

Hi! Did you indicate that I ask my customers to send me their certification copies, may be in .pdf format and with whom they are collaborating??? Toi toi toi. B

[Edited at 2008-06-25 16:16]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

interesting trend, but not so interesting...

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »