A chapter in the source text does not belong to here...
Thread poster: Oleg Prots
Oleg Prots
Oleg Prots  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 08:57
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
May 15, 2003

Hi everyone,

I am translating a PC user\'s manual and some half an hour ago I realized that one chapter absolutely does not belong to that text. The topic is quite similar, but it looks rather like a part of dealer agreement than end-user information...

I really don\'t know what to do. I am delivering the job tonight and I shall definitely mention this fact to the client, but I\'d be glad to receive any suggestions/comments.

Has anyone encount
... See more
Hi everyone,

I am translating a PC user\'s manual and some half an hour ago I realized that one chapter absolutely does not belong to that text. The topic is quite similar, but it looks rather like a part of dealer agreement than end-user information...

I really don\'t know what to do. I am delivering the job tonight and I shall definitely mention this fact to the client, but I\'d be glad to receive any suggestions/comments.

Has anyone encountered such things before? Do you think I should contact the client immediately?

Thanks in advance,

Oleg
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:57
English to German
+ ...
Get in touch with your client! May 15, 2003

Quote:

Do you think I should contact the client immediately?

Without the shadow of a doubt, yes.

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 07:57
English to Dutch
+ ...
Yes, get in touch with your client immediately May 15, 2003

Nothing to add here.
[addsig]

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 23:57
English to German
+ ...
Business Secret! May 15, 2003

Your client might have a strong interest to hide dealer agreements from end-users

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A chapter in the source text does not belong to here...

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »