Mobile menu

new non-paying tendency on the market..
Thread poster: xxxBrandis
xxxBrandis
Local time: 16:16
English to German
+ ...
Jul 18, 2008

Hi! Watch out, lately the outsourcers are not even showing the mark-up files instead write 40 mails picking on singled out words and avoid payment. I wanted to share my experience here. BR Brandis

Direct link Reply with quote

Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Please avoid generalisation Jul 18, 2008

Brandis wrote:
Hi! Watch out, lately the outsourcers are not even showing the mark-up files instead write 40 mails picking on singled out words and avoid payment. I wanted to share my experience here. BR Brandis

Hi Brandis,

I take it that you are talking about your own experience, although it is not entirely clear to me what you are referring to (are you trying to say that you are no longer sent the files with changes tracked but isolated complaints about the choice of terms instead?).

That being said, I'd be extremely careful to link this to a general statement such as "(there is a) new non-paying tendency on the market". I'd venture to say that "the market" is much more multi-faceted, wider and broader than any of us can even imagine.

Steffen

xxxBrandis
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@ steffen. Jul 18, 2008

Hi! I posted it not because I saw one or two instances but more than five and not only in my case but also those of known colleagues. One or two instances may be not worth posting but more than three is a generality.Brandis

María del Mar Cota  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:16
English to Spanish
+ ...
I need an advice Jul 22, 2008

Hi! A translation agency has chosen me to translate 650 for free to be selected by the client. I really think this is too much money to do the job for free. Please help! Would you do that number of words for free?

Ivana Friis Wilson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:16
Member (2008)
English to Danish
+ ...
Say no Jul 23, 2008

Tell them to pay you. And offer them samples or tell them you will translate 200 words for free.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

new non-paying tendency on the market..

Advanced search

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs