Translation company reliability - collaboration stories
Thread poster: katerina kranou

katerina kranou
Greece
Local time: 05:31
English to Greek
+ ...
Jul 20, 2008

It would be interesting if the translators offered feedback and comments about their collaboration with companies they have worked for. It's not always a matter of the quality of translation on the part of the translator, but it is important to know the quality of the whole transaction with the company or agency. In this way, we can avoid unpleasant surprises where we deliver the work and not only we do not receive compensation, but we are also left with a bitter feeling of inability to reciprocate....:-)

Direct link Reply with quote

casey
United States
Local time: 22:31
Japanese to English
You mean like the Blue Board? Jul 21, 2008

ekate wrote:

It would be interesting if the translators offered feedback and comments about their collaboration with companies they have worked for. It's not always a matter of the quality of translation on the part of the translator, but it is important to know the quality of the whole transaction with the company or agency. In this way, we can avoid unpleasant surprises where we deliver the work and not only we do not receive compensation, but we are also left with a bitter feeling of inability to reciprocate....:-)

Might I direct your attention to the Blue Board?

katerina kranou
Greece
Local time: 05:31
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanx casey!!! Aug 29, 2008

Yes, I meant the blue board...I wasn't sure there was one and I am very sorry for that, because that is the reason
I'd been fooled.... I've done some translations for a translation agency and I haven't received any payment since
january (2008); I now realize that I'm not the only one, which is not a comfort but the sad truth. Anyhow it's best
to know and I'm very very grateful for your reply!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation company reliability - collaboration stories

Advanced search

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs