Mobile menu

Email notification via SMS
Thread poster: Mahmoud Rayyan

Mahmoud Rayyan  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:16
English to Arabic
Sep 7, 2008

Peace be upon you all,
I would like to know if there is a service that offers notification by SMS to my mobile phone whenever an email arrives to my inbox

Thanks in advance

Direct link Reply with quote

Sushan Harshe
Local time: 17:46
English to Hindi
+ ...
Notification via SMS Sep 8, 2008

Use gmail or yahoo they provied this service. Check for charges on this one, from your service provider. It is heavy compair to regular SMS.

Vitali Stanisheuski  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:16
Member (2005)
English to Belarusian
+ ...
Suggestion Sep 8, 2008

Hi Mahmoud,
first, the simplest way would be to review your mobile carrier's (and/or other domestic carriers') offering. They may have such a service as "E-mail to SMS" (names may differ), which means that a special e-mail address is derived from your mobile number, and you can set up e-mail forwarding to that address from your mailbox. This special address should look like this /your phone number/@/mobilecarrierdomain/ . This service will be either a subscribtion or "pay-as-you-go" service.
Second, the services you mentioned do exist indeed. They are largely "pay-as-you-go" services. I knew some Russian websites offering such a service (I am not sure all of them had English version). One of them is . If you will fail to use the first suggestion, I may try to recollect / find again these websites.
Hope this helps,

[Edited at 2008-09-08 12:49]

Danish to English
It used to be offered for free Sep 8, 2008

A lot of cell phone providers used to offer this service for free, but now most of them charge for it.

Sometimes it's worth paying for a unified messaging has numerous options for this.

Here are some links for the google searches:øg&meta=øg&meta=

Mahmoud Rayyan  Identity Verified
English to Arabic
thanks to you all Sep 8, 2008

I really love this site where you find a lot of caring people.
I will check with my local service provider, thanks for your advice.

Dallas Cao
Local time: 20:16
English to Chinese
+ ...
China Mobile users Sep 20, 2008

For China Mobile users, they can get a account which is provided by China Mobile and then direct the new arrivals at your to your account. When your account receives a mail, you will receive a SMS notification. accounts are not free. In Jiangsu province where I live, they charge 1 RMB per month, which is almost nothing.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Email notification via SMS

Advanced search

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs