Mobile menu

How to comment on an client if they are not yet on the Blue Board? (Staff: 'Add them')
Thread poster: Lucinda
Lucinda  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:58
Member (2002)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Jun 6, 2003

How do you let colleagues know about an agency/individual who does not pay who is not a blue board member?

Direct link Reply with quote

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Create a Blue Board record Jun 6, 2003

Lucinda Hollenberg wrote:

How do you let colleagues know about an agency/individual who does not pay who is not a blue board member?

Hi Lucinda,
the Blue Board is not based on any 'membership'
Any ProZ member can create a new record in the Blue Board for any agency when it is not present yet.

After you create a new record, you can also rate on it immediately, whether it is a good or a bad payer, and use the single line of comment to provide further information.

Other members will receive a notifications of the new entry and you may see soon more ratings joining yours.

Gianfranco

[Edited at 2003-06-06 14:47]

xxxjmf  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
Enter them into the database Jun 6, 2003

I think you can add them to the database yourself and then rate them. I added an agency several months ago, unless there's been some recent change you should be able to enter their info and rate them.

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:58
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Can we email staff confidentially about agencies? Jun 6, 2003

I had an email today passing on information from an ITI member about a certain UK agency
which allegedly owes vast amounts of money and is threatened with bankruptcy but is still continuing to send work to translators for which they are highly unlikely ever to get paid. (Other ITI members may have received this too).
I checked this agency on the Blue Board and there was one entry for it, giving it a rating of one and telling of an unpaid bill for translation.
Is such information of interest to ProZ and if so, how should it be conveyed?

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Job Area coordinators Jun 6, 2003

are Giuliana Buscaglione and Ralf Lemster.

You can contact them.

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:58
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Thanks for advice Jun 6, 2003

Thank you for the advice, Claudia. I have passed it to Ralf.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to comment on an client if they are not yet on the Blue Board? (Staff: 'Add them')

Advanced search

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs