Are all jobs now restricted to Platinum members for a certain length of time?
Thread poster: Transflux (X)
Transflux (X)
Transflux (X)
Local time: 19:45
French to English
+ ...
Jun 30, 2003

I know this topic has been broached but is it really necessary to further marginalise non-paying members? This is I think aggressive marketing and whilst I fully sympathise with the founders for trying to get more people to pay to keep the site running and to make a profit, it is reaching the point of no return. Either pay or go elsewhere. That is the implicit message I am receiving each time one of these restricted jobs lands in my inbox.
Is this the message you are trying to send out?

Mariella Macera
Mariella Macera  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:45
English to Spanish
+ ...
Full support Jul 1, 2003

I honestly think that this is the best way to tell most freelancers "we are an exclusive lot and we do not want you here". Globalization is to bring us together not to divide us. There are many other ways to collect money, improve your adverts or sell other things; but you can not tell people to go away if you invited them when PROZ was just a very small thing. Another thing is not to oblige them to buy a certain product (Trados for example, so that they can get jobs). Remember that most countri... See more
I honestly think that this is the best way to tell most freelancers "we are an exclusive lot and we do not want you here". Globalization is to bring us together not to divide us. There are many other ways to collect money, improve your adverts or sell other things; but you can not tell people to go away if you invited them when PROZ was just a very small thing. Another thing is not to oblige them to buy a certain product (Trados for example, so that they can get jobs). Remember that most countries fought to get Freedom in all different ways.
Regards,

Roquentin wrote:

I know this topic has been broached but is it really necessary to further marginalise non-paying members? This is I think aggressive marketing and whilst I fully sympathise with the founders for trying to get more people to pay to keep the site running and to make a profit, it is reaching the point of no return. Either pay or go elsewhere. That is the implicit message I am receiving each time one of these restricted jobs lands in my inbox.
Is this the message you are trying to send out?
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 13:45
SITE FOUNDER
Please continue this discussion on the existing thread Jul 1, 2003

The short answer to your question is "no".

This topic has been discussed in another thread, where my responses and others' explanations and opinions have been posted:

http://www.proz.com/topic/12041

I am locking this thread to keep the discussion focused.

We'll watch the comments there for ideas on improving on this new client feature in a way that is in
... See more
The short answer to your question is "no".

This topic has been discussed in another thread, where my responses and others' explanations and opinions have been posted:

http://www.proz.com/topic/12041

I am locking this thread to keep the discussion focused.

We'll watch the comments there for ideas on improving on this new client feature in a way that is in the interest of all involved.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Are all jobs now restricted to Platinum members for a certain length of time?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »