Mobile menu

question about translation-related services
Thread poster: Sophie Thereau
Sophie Thereau
Local time: 00:44
English to French
Mar 10, 2009

As I'm going to set up my own business soon, I need to know if some services would be interesting for agencies and for translators. More precisely, would you be interested in outsourcing glossary and translation memory building and maintenance?

The principle is simple: you have (a lot of) source and target documents, but you can not or do not want to manage alignment and creation of the associated translation memories (e.g. for those using Trados), or do not have the time or the resources for terminology research.

That's here the service comes: after agreement on the parameters associated with the TMs to be created or expanded, or the resources considered as reliable for terminology purposes, I entirely manage to create and/or update your terminological documents.

What is your opinion concerning these kind of services? Caution: this concerns outsourcing terminology work, not selling glossaries or MTs.

Many thanks

Sebastien Thereau
English-French translator and terminologist

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

question about translation-related services

Advanced search

Translation news

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs