Thread poster: Sophie Thereau (X)
Sophie Thereau (X)
Sophie Thereau (X)
France
Local time: 11:08
English to French
Mar 10, 2009

Hello,

As I'm going to set up my own business soon, I need to know if some services would be interesting for agencies and for translators. More precisely, would you be interested in outsourcing glossary and translation memory building and maintenance?

The principle is simple: you have (a lot of) source and target documents, but you can not or do not want to manage alignment and creation of the associated translation memories (e.g. for those using Trados), or do not have
... See more
Hello,

As I'm going to set up my own business soon, I need to know if some services would be interesting for agencies and for translators. More precisely, would you be interested in outsourcing glossary and translation memory building and maintenance?

The principle is simple: you have (a lot of) source and target documents, but you can not or do not want to manage alignment and creation of the associated translation memories (e.g. for those using Trados), or do not have the time or the resources for terminology research.

That's here the service comes: after agreement on the parameters associated with the TMs to be created or expanded, or the resources considered as reliable for terminology purposes, I entirely manage to create and/or update your terminological documents.

What is your opinion concerning these kind of services? Caution: this concerns outsourcing terminology work, not selling glossaries or MTs.

Many thanks

Sebastien Thereau
English-French translator and terminologist
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

question about translation-related services

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »