Thread poster: Joanne Parker

Joanne Parker  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:52
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Sep 10, 2003

Hi,

I'm in the process of suing a company for non-payment and have found this website where you can make a claim: https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/

This was recommended to me by my solicitor. Please note that the website doesn't provide any legal advice and recommends that you discuss your issue with a solicitor, Citizens Advice Bureau etc first to make sure that you are entitled to making a claim.

Anyway, thought it might help other people in the same situation.

Joanne

Direct link Reply with quote

Yelena.  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Russian
+ ...
Hi Joanna Sep 10, 2003

Thanks for that. The link however, doesn't work. I think it should be http://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/

Joanne Parker  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry, Sep 10, 2003

yes, you're right. It's a secure site once you've logged on (I copied the link when I was logged on).

Thanks, Yelena.

xxxErika P  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
+ ...
What a gem! Sep 10, 2003

Joanne Parker wrote:

Anyway, thought it might help other people in the same situation.

Joanne

Had I bumped into this site a month ago it would have been much less hassle to put my claim through (a sloppy tradesman caused me some grief and refused to pay compensation...)
Back then, I found a very useful website and I’m quite happy to dump it here for good communal use. Ever wondered what happens if you win the case but your opponent still won’t pay? Here is the answer:
http://www.compactlaw.co.uk/smc.html

Regards, and good luck!
E.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:52
English to German
+ ...
The info was there... Sep 10, 2003

Had I bumped into this site a month ago it would have been much less hassle to put my claim through (a sloppy tradesman caused me some grief and refused to pay compensation...)

Hmm... always worth following the forums - a post was made in Money Matters on 21 July...

Cheers, Ralf

[Edited at 2003-09-10 19:38]

English to Hungarian
+ ...
???? Sep 10, 2003

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hmm... always worth following the forums - a post was made in Money Matters on 21 July...

Dear Ralf,
I don't need the help myself right now - I am only trying to help to develop this thread. Not to mention, my problem was not at all translation related - so why would I have looked for help in a Proz forum?
Still, next time I hit my finger with a sledgehammer I will come here first..;-)

Cheerio,
E.

Germany
English to German
+ ...
My point exactly... *ggg* Sep 10, 2003

Hi Erika,
Not to mention, my problem was not at all translation related - so why would I have looked for help in a Proz forum?

Exactly: what I'm trying to pinpoint is the wealth of information and expertise that is either available or can be tapped through these forums - the discussions and advice regarding European cross-border payments were another case in point.

Still, next time I hit my finger with a sledgehammer I will come here first..;-)

Hmmm... that might go beyond the scope of online help - but I know we have a number of medical doctors around here...

Cheers, Ralf

English to Hungarian
+ ...
Thank you Sep 10, 2003

...for pointing out to all of us how wonderful Proz.com is, Ralf.

Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:22
English to Tamil
+ ...
A tangential remark, sorry Sep 11, 2003

Dear Ralf,
Sometime back it was mentioned that "Money matters" postings are not included in the general display. I fail to understand the reasoning behind this situation. In fact many forums such as getting established, business issues et al are all related to money matters too. When those forums get displayed in the home page, why should money matters alone be ignored? In that manner there is a tendency to miss important postings. One such example is the posting quoted by you here. Could you and Henry reconsider the situation?
Regards,
Raghavan
Ralf Lemster wrote:

Cheers, Ralf

Germany
English to German
+ ...
Over to you, Henry... Sep 11, 2003

Obviously I wouldn't mind seeing "Money Matters" on the home page - that said, given the relatively short period of time new threads remain "up there", I never considered that essential.

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Making a small claim in the UK

Advanced search

Translation news

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs