Mobile menu

How do I get information on an agency?
Thread poster: jinshi

jinshi
Local time: 21:29
English to Chinese
+ ...
Feb 24, 2002

Is there anyone who knows a Sweden agency called \"World LLC\"?

I have received an unexpected test requiry from them.

Thanks your help.

Jinshi

Direct link Reply with quote

Erika Pavelka  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:29
French to English
Turn to PP and/or TCR Feb 24, 2002

There are 2 mailing lists dedicated to the payment practices of translation agencies and other translation clients where you are more likely to get information on the agency you\'re inquiring about.

To subscribe, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pp_dist for Payment Practices and http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TCR for TCR (Translation Client Review) and follow the instructions.

Good luck,

Erika

jinshi
Local time: 21:29
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Feb 25, 2002

Thank you.

Peter Erfurt  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 15:29
English to Danish
+ ...
New alternative Apr 19, 2002

You could also try:

http://www.topica.com/lists/transpayment

a free Payment Practices list with 445 members.

Kind regards

Peter Erfurt

Thw TransPayment list

Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
And you may also post a query on the Blue Board Apr 19, 2002

Click on Agency Ratings (ProZ main page).

[addsig]

xxxivw
English to Hungarian
+ ...
translator / client review database May 13, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-02-24 20:25, epavelka wrote:

There are 2 mailing lists dedicated to the payment practices of translation agencies

Unfortunately, the TCR list (a free list on Yahoo for translator/client info) has been recently deleted by its moderator.

The two best resources at the moment are the PP List, for payment practices, and

the TransPayment List, for payment practices - and a little more.

Then there is ProZ\'s Blue Board, to be taken with a grain of salt, IMHO; and now there is a mirror of the deleted TCR archives [-not-]

HTH,

Ildiko

~~~~

Ildiko V-Wentworth

ATA Associate

En > < Hu

Translation / Editing / Proofreading

California, USA

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-05-17 05:16 ]

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Just a tiny bit of additional info... May 14, 2002

I\'m sure this was only an oversight...

Quote:

On 2002-05-13 22:51, ivw wrote:

Unfortunately, the TCR list (a free list on Yahoo for translator/client info) has been recently deleted by its moderator.

The asker might be interested to note that the TCR list has moved to a new location (http://www.tcrlist.com), and is now subject to a small fee.

HTH - best regards, Ralf

xxxivw
English to Hungarian
+ ...
free access to freely given information May 14, 2002

About the unexpected and overwhelming volume of positive feedback regarding the (now) freely available database: thank you,

All, you are wonderful!

To the few who find public domain information posted on a web site offensive (may I stress I am NOT the one who is charging for such info, nor am I the one stealing anything) and who threaten me with legal action -- please take your time to carefully read the relevant paragraphs that follow my message.

Best regards,

Ildiko

~~~~

\"The legal requirement for removal is the party include this information in their demand:

Pursuant to Section 512 of the DMCA

The name, address, and electronic signature of the complaining party [512(c)(3)(A)(i)]

The infringing materials and their Internet location [512(c)(3)(A)(ii-iii)]

Sufficient information to identify the copyrighted works [512(c)(3)(A)(iv)]

A statement by the owner that it has a good faith belief that there is no legal basis for the use of the materials complained of

[512(c)(3)(A)(v)]

A statement of the accuracy of the notice and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on the behalf of the owner. [512(c)(3)(A)(vi)]\"

xxxivw
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Database overload May 14, 2002

We regret to inform the unexpectedly high number of people that were using the free database (agency info) that late last night, long after we went to sleep, the server became overloaded by requests. It would be a simple matter to configure it to allow more database connections, but since our bandwidth had already reached the saturation point, it would not make much difference. Our server was never intended for high volume traffic. Rather than interrupt our normal network traffic, we have decided to disable remote access of the database.

This is purely a technical choice. The dubious legal claims and threats made by a small handful of people have nothing to do with this decision.

A personal note: for her repeated threats and clearly anti-immigrant tones expressed in her private messages, no e-mail from Laura Hastings will be answered (that includes her alias \"Susan\" from \"NY\"). To the two people who tried to impress us with their technical knowledge of the internet: Don\'t do that, it only makes you look stupid. FYI, our registrar is not our hosting company - we don\'t have a hosting company. The website runs on a Linux server in our home. Also, there is no rule or law saying we can\'t have a .org domain name. Since we run a \"not-for-profit\" website, as opposed to a commercial website, it is perfectly legitimate.

Regards,

Ildiko & Rossz Vamos-Wentworth

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-05-14 17:15 ]

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
This forum is called "Business issues"... May 14, 2002

...can we please keep it to that?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I get information on an agency?

Advanced search

Translation news

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Quiick
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs