Mobile menu

Terms and conditions
Thread poster: Erika Pavelka
Erika Pavelka  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:55
French to English
Feb 25, 2002

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of a set of terms and conditions for translators? Does anyone have their own that they may be willing to share?

Thanks,

Erika

Direct link Reply with quote

Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 17:55
German to English
Terms and Conditions Feb 26, 2002

I haven\'t studied this yet, but maybe it will be helpful. It\'s the American Translators Association model contract between translator and client.

http://www.atanet.org/model_contract.htm

Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO)
German to English
+ ...
Terms and Conditions Feb 26, 2002

Erika, just take a look at other translators\' and/or agencies\' websites; there are many different examples of Terms and Conditions (including my own ).

The important elements are: invoicing (i.e., explanations regarding the method used, such as source word counts or target word counts, etc.), terms of payment, formats, liability, provisions for dealing with errors and omissions, etc.

Erika Pavelka  Identity Verified
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Kim and Werner Feb 26, 2002

I\'ve checked out the ATA site, found a model contract on the ATIO site and also had a look at your terms & conditions, Werner.

That should give me a good base for drawing up my own.

Regards,

Erika

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Terms and conditions

Advanced search

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs