Mobile menu

Payment terms in Sweden
Thread poster: Dimitra Karamperi

Dimitra Karamperi  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:17
English to Greek
+ ...
Nov 10, 2003

Can you inform me on the usual payment terms in Sweden? (e.g. net 30, 60 or other)
I have done a job for a swedish company but haven't agreed on payment terms. My invoice was issued on 02.Oct.03 and I haven't received any money yet. Is this normal?
I have checked for this agency and up until now no one has had any payment problem with them. But I am a little worried...
Any help would be appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote
Spencer Allman
Local time: 23:17
Finnish to English
+ ...
Sweden Nov 10, 2003

I do a lot of stuff for Swedish agencies. They are mostly very reliable, honest and courteous. Payment terms is about two months - like in the UK often. They often insist on basing the invoice on the SL count, though, which is bothersome when it comes to my particular language pair.

It'll be OK

Mats Wiman  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:17
Member (2000)
German to Swedish
+ ...

Sweden: 30 days net Nov 10, 2003

is the norm in Sweden for all trades unless otherwise stipulated. It also conforms with recent EU rules.

Then there are always companies/individuals that do not conform.
Lack of administrative order
Late paying clients
To pay late is to earn interest (but reaping badwill)

Best method: Make a personal courteous phone call: "It is a mistake, isn't it, that this due invoice has not beem paid, eh....."

Mats J C Wiman
Übersetzer/Translator/Traducteur/Traductor > swe
( moderator (deu>swe))
Träsk 201
SE-872 97 Skog
Tel:+46-612-54112 Fax:+46-612-54181 Mobile:+46-70-5769797

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Payment terms in Sweden

Advanced search

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs