PRAKAASH  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 21:36
Member (2007)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Feb 4, 2010

Dear Proz colleagues,

What the recent happening in Paypal is that they are reversing the money back to the sender for any case with money and to and from India for personal reasons.
One has to put on Shipping address in order to send the payment now.

Is friends of proz aware of it?

Also, amount of around 100+$ is also stuck in Paypal account, wherein it shows that transaction is completed but money is yet not in inside my bank account.

I got to know that last year also, it happened to some people and people got their stuck money within the span of 15 days, so I am hopeful yet.

Is there anyone, who can suggest me what is the best method to go ahead with now or tackle this situation? Or how to ask for the payments from clients.

I will be thankful to you!

Also, if anyone who is yet unaware of this issue, please be awared and suggest you to carefully send payment to your translator or anyone while using paypal.

It may be a short term glitch in paypal, which I hope, will be sorted out soon.

Have a fantastic day ahead!

Best Regards,
: PRAKAASH

Direct link Reply with quote

Roy Chaudhuri  Identity Verified
India
Member (2006)
English to Bengali
+ ...
Same problem here Feb 5, 2010

I transferred around $220 to my Axis Bank Account in India from Paypal on 26th Jan. The money is still not in my account.

Any idea where I can report this problem?

Roy Chaudhuri

Amar Nath  Identity Verified
India
Member (2010)
English to Hindi
+ ...

What to do Feb 5, 2010

Hello Friend

I am facing same problem with Paypal. Few days back, I received $50 and today it was reversed to the sender with a comment that they reversed this payment because they have stopped allowing personal payments to be sent to or from India.

Just now, I have set up a moneybookers account. Don't know which would be better option to receive payments from clients outside India.

I have some amount in Paypal which has to be transfered to my bank account.

I appreciate any suggestions in this regard !

With regards,

Amar

Walter Moura  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 13:06
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Money from Paypal to Moneybookers Feb 5, 2010

Try this thread.

http://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/65416-how_to_transfer_money_from_paypal_to_moneybookers.html#505558

Good Luck

India
Member (2007)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Money is reflecting in Paypal account now Feb 9, 2010

Hi,

Just to let you know friends that I have not received money in my bank account, however, now the same amount is reflecting in paypal account, the status of which was shown as the amount tfd. to bank account completed earlier.

The message from Paypal is
"Thank you for your patience while we work to address the issue of processing withdrawals to Indian bank accounts.
We expect to have this issue resolved within the next few days. In the meantime, we’re going to restore the amount of your recent withdrawal into your PayPal balance so that you can know your money is safe in your account. You should see the balance restored within 24 hours. In addition, you will see a reimbursement of any withdrawal fees charged. We will ensure that you are not adversely affected by currency fluctuations during the last week.
In your transaction log, you will soon see that your PayPal withdrawal request has been reversed. We ask that you wait to submit another bank withdrawal request until we have addressed the processing issue. We will contact you again in a few days with an update and, if the issue is resolved, you can initiate another withdrawal at that time. In the meantime, you will have the ability to spend your balance to purchase goods or services if you choose.
Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.
Thank You,
PayPal"

So, finally, rays of hope are there and we hope that issue will be resolve soon now.

: PRAKAASH

Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:06
French to English
Wider problem? Feb 10, 2010

I had noticed your thread earlier today, and then I was in The Register as I am most days, and I saw this:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/02/09/india_paypal_stopped/

There may be other sources, of course, but perhaps you could see what you can find out.

India
Member (2007)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much Charlie! Feb 10, 2010

I thank you for your answer and sharing link with us. It will certainly help clear some clouds over this issue.

: Prakaash

Gouranga Charan Pradhan  Identity Verified
India
Japanese to English
+ ...
Same problem here Feb 15, 2010

Hi All,

I am a freelance translator based out of India and most of my clients are in overseas countries. I was using Paypal services, even though with their hefty fees because lack of any better option. I don't know what to do right now. I may ask my clients for a wire transfer, but that is again an extra headache for my clients. Besides, I think Moneybooker does not offer the money withdraw facility to Indian bank accounts.

I would appreciate any comments especially from Indian based Proz members how they are managing or planning to manage things.

Warm Regards
Gouranga

Ronald van der Linden
Mexico
Local time: 11:06
Dutch to English
+ ...
blog from Paypal Feb 16, 2010

Blog from India's Paypal business leader, with his "direct e-mail address":
https://www.thepaypalblog.com/2010/02/an-open-letter-from-farhad-irani-on-the-situation-in-india/

http://www.shoutmeloud.com/paypal-update-on-withdrawing-money-to-indian-bank-account.html

Hope this will provide more information regarding the situation?

Best
Ronald

Amar Nath  Identity Verified
India
Member (2010)
English to Hindi
+ ...

Resuming local bank withdrawals to India Feb 27, 2010

Hello Friends

I wish to draw your kind attention on this blog-

https://www.thepaypalblog.com/

Hopefully by March 3, 2010 we will be able to withdraw our funds.

Amar

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Andy Lemminger[Call to this topic]
Margarita[Call to this topic]
Jorge Rodrigues[Call to this topic]
James_xia[Call to this topic]
Jenn Mercer[Call to this topic]
Laura Daly[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Paypal is reversing money to the sender

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexbible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: Completely redesigned user interface Live Preview Inline spell checking Inline formatting and more

More info »
SDL AutoSuggest Creator Add-on
Speed up manual translations with sub-segment matching

AutoSuggest accelerates translation editing in SDL Trados Studio 2014 through intelligent sub-segment matching suggestions while you type.

More info »