Mobile menu

An International Agency of Mystery?
Thread poster: xxx00000000
xxx00000000
English to French
+ ...
Nov 20, 2003

Here' what I found in a job posting from a Blue Board agency with no rating :

"Electronic copy can be emailed with the finished product orginal being mailed directly to client with a cc to [Agency's Name]."

I wonder what kind of agency would have a translation done by a translator they've never worked with sent directly to the client without any kind of review whatsoever.

Moreover, the translation is in a language pair for which there are two very different terminologies in the particular domain depending on the country (or speakers) for which it's done. Yet, there's no mention of country or language variety in the posting.

I've written to them to express my bewilderment but -- of course -- I got no reply. And I hadn't seen the worst of it: as of now, there seems to be 6 (six!) quotes for the job!

Direct link Reply with quote

Edwal Rospigliosi  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:40
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Strange Nov 20, 2003

Esther Pfeffer wrote:
"Electronic copy can be emailed with the finished product orginal being mailed directly to client with a cc to [Agency's Name]."

Perhaps it's not a serious agency, but somebody "piggybacking" for a job that is publicly available, and they want the copy only to know the details and to say that they did the job.

As I know, when you work for an agency you don't contact the final client.

Regards

Edwal.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

An International Agency of Mystery?

Advanced search

Translation news

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs