Mobile menu

Meridian Technologies Translations
Thread poster: Albert Golub
Albert Golub  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:40
English to French
Mar 6, 2002

Someone just informed me that this company has gone out of business. I myself had a narrow escape in October with a 3000$ invoice that they eventually paid. I guess that this liquidation is fishy since they must have made a lot of money during 4 months (not paying the translators) In France creditors keep a right to get paid when a company is liquidated so don\'t give up and check the official asect of this information. If a website can help you, somebody could collect the information in yahoo e groups or wherever and i could develop (for free of course) a website so that everybody gets access to this information on that website

Sorry for you and count me in if i can help you

Best Regards

Direct link Reply with quote

acaba
Thailand
Local time: 10:40
English to Thai
+ ...
Help, I'm stuck Mar 21, 2002

They still owe me $1000 since December last year. What should I do??

Erika Pavelka  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:40
French to English
Subscribe to TCR Mar 21, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-03-21 00:23, acaba wrote:

They still owe me $1000 since December last year. What should I do??

The best thing to do is to subscribe to the Translation Client Review (TCR) list in Yahoogroups (if you\'re not already a subscriber). You\'re very likely to find others who are still owed money (the old \"strength in numbers\").

Go to http://groups.yahoo.com, type TCR in the Search field and follow the instructions on subscribing. Then you can post a message to the list and find out whether anyone knows about the company\'s status.

Good luck,

Erika

acaba
Thailand
Local time: 10:40
English to Thai
+ ...
Thanks Mar 22, 2002

Thanks for your suggest!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Meridian Technologies Translations

Advanced search

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs