How to bill a client in Spain (from India)?
Thread poster: Sonia Gomes
Sonia Gomes
Sonia Gomes  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:38
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Jan 20, 2004

I want to bid for a job in Spain, I am located in India. Are there any special regulations applicable or can I just send a bill for payment as we do here in India.

Any help is much appreciated, I am very keen on this project, I have yet to get a project abroad.

Thank you and best wishes
Sonia

Rebecca Lowery
Rebecca Lowery  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:08
French to English
Just send them your invoice Jan 20, 2004

Either by e-mail or mail depending on how your client prefers to receive it. I work from the UK and that's what I do for agencies in Spain. Any tax would be payable in India. At least this is the case in the EU...
Hope that helps a bit!

Lucinda Hollenberg
Lucinda Hollenberg  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:08
Dutch to English
+ ...
Offer them some payment options! Jan 20, 2004

Hi Sonia,

Like someone said before, send them your invoice. But, on that invoice I would offer them some payment options.

Your banker - if you have a bank that is comfortable handling foreign wire transfers. - but those may get costly, so check ahead what they charge and figure out who is paying for the charges (you or the client or both sharing the costs. Clearly mention the IBAN code, SWIFT code, address and all other pertinent info. Not having complete info causes
... See more
Hi Sonia,

Like someone said before, send them your invoice. But, on that invoice I would offer them some payment options.

Your banker - if you have a bank that is comfortable handling foreign wire transfers. - but those may get costly, so check ahead what they charge and figure out who is paying for the charges (you or the client or both sharing the costs. Clearly mention the IBAN code, SWIFT code, address and all other pertinent info. Not having complete info causes delays and messes.

Become a member of PayPal or Moneybookers - I have a couple of clients in Spain who prefer to pay me by PayPal. I am not sure if they service India. Check with them.

I am not sure that you can open a bank account with a bank in Europe - not being a European citizen. Perhaps someone else can shed a light on that. That would be ideal because for most of the countries within Europe it is free to deposit money into a bank account in Europe. Thus clients like that option. Even for the countries that have to pay, the amount is not too bad.

This way they are more likely to want to work with you because they have a few ways that they can pay you.

Good luck! I hope that you get that first oversees assignment and a lot more to follow.

Lucinda
Collapse

sandhya
sandhya  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
Act as you would in India Jan 20, 2004

Hi Sonia,

Send them an invoice, stating the Order Number, language combination, project description, rate agreed upon, number of words etc.
Also mention your bank details and payment terms.
Next time you take up a job ask the client for payment terms before you accept the job!
You can write to me directly, if you have any further queries!

BTW, congrats on your first "international" job!

cheers
sandhya
Email: [email protected]
Sonia Gomes wrote:

I want to bid for a job in Spain, I am located in India. Are there any special regulations applicable or can I just send a bill for payment as we do here in India.

Any help is much appreciated, I am very keen on this project, I have yet to get a project abroad.

Thank you and best wishes
Sonia

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:08
Spanish to English
+ ...
Don't forget your tax account number Jan 21, 2004

it's something Spanish accountants prefer having (I know US accountants don't really care up to $600).

The rest, as Sandhya says.

Sonia Gomes
Sonia Gomes  Identity Verified
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jan 22, 2004

I just wish to say thank you very much
Hope you have a wonderful year 2004

All the best

Sonia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to bill a client in Spain (from India)?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »