Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:37
Czech to German
+ ...
Jun 16, 2004

Hi all,

recently I have been asked to download Plaxo, a service ensuring you stay connected with your business (and other) partners and always have the latest contact infos. Does anybody have experience with this program?

Thanks for all hints!

Charlotte

nothing
nothing
Local time: 07:37
English to Spanish
+ ...
It works, up to a point Jun 16, 2004

I have been using it since last summer. It works for postal addresses, telephone numbers, etc. as long as that company do not change their internet service provider, email address, or if the person acting as your contact within the company leaves. In those cases the email bounces back, so you will have to try to find their new details by yourself.

The other problem I found was the part about personal details. When I set the Paxo for business contacts, I only filled my business detai
... See more
I have been using it since last summer. It works for postal addresses, telephone numbers, etc. as long as that company do not change their internet service provider, email address, or if the person acting as your contact within the company leaves. In those cases the email bounces back, so you will have to try to find their new details by yourself.

The other problem I found was the part about personal details. When I set the Paxo for business contacts, I only filled my business details but some of my contacts completed also personal details such as birthdays, anniversaries, etc., which I found strange, as I have never met most of them. Did they think they would receive a card or a present in the future?

Apart from those problems, Plaxo works fine and many of my contacts decided to download it after I sent them the first update.
Collapse

Judy Rojas
Judy Rojas  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 04:37
Spanish to English
+ ...
You can use the personal info Jun 16, 2004

nothing wrote:

The other problem I found was the part about personal details. When I set the Paxo for business contacts, I only filled my business details but some of my contacts completed also personal details such as birthdays, anniversaries, etc., which I found strange, as I have never met most of them. Did they think they would receive a card or a present in the future?

When used in conjuction with Outlook, you will get a reminder of that person's birthday. You can then send them a brief, but nice happy birthday note.

I do it with all my clients, and they like it.

Don't you like it when someone remembers your birthday and sends you a note?

Cheers,

[Edited at 2004-06-16 14:45]

nothing
nothing
Local time: 07:37
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not really, Ricardo Jun 16, 2004

Don't you like it when someone remembers your birthday and sends you a note?

I used to like it when I was young, but not any more. Maybe is different for you men, but I know lots of women who will agree with me.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 08:37
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
I delete them Jun 17, 2004

Charlotte Blank wrote:
Recently I have been asked to download Plaxo, a service ensuring you stay connected with your business (and other) partners and always have the latest contact infos.

I always delete such e-mails on the spot. If people who want to keep their address books up to date expect me to spend a couple of minutes trying to figure out the cryptic format of their address book's automatic reply feature, truly want to keep their address books up to date, a nice personal mail would do nicely.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Plaxo - any comments?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »