Vincent Lemma
Vincent Lemma  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 00:35
Italian to English
+ ...
May 28, 2012

Hi to everybody,

This is a first for me so maybe I am just a bit overly concerned, but I am having a super hard time getting hold of an agency to which I submitted a job yesterday (YES SUNDAY).
They confirmed reception and asked to issue a PO, which they did not do on Friday given the rush job. I checked Blueboard to see that they had a 5 out of 5 rating and so decided to settle things today.
Just that I keep getting auto-responses to my emails. The company is based in S
... See more
Hi to everybody,

This is a first for me so maybe I am just a bit overly concerned, but I am having a super hard time getting hold of an agency to which I submitted a job yesterday (YES SUNDAY).
They confirmed reception and asked to issue a PO, which they did not do on Friday given the rush job. I checked Blueboard to see that they had a 5 out of 5 rating and so decided to settle things today.
Just that I keep getting auto-responses to my emails. The company is based in Seychelles and the job was posted on ProZ.
Now, it really won't ruin me if I can't fix things (only 300 Euro, but still cash), but this behavior is befuddling. I'm going to wait a few days and then put ProZ's protection policies onto the basketball court.
Just wondering if anyone has similar experience.
This is the first time in many years of business that this has happened to me, so I like to share woes and worries, as they say
Collapse

Jennifer Forbes
Jennifer Forbes  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:35
French to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Could it be a public holiday in the Seychelles? May 28, 2012

As this agency apparently has an impeccable BB record, is it possible simply that today (Monday) is a public holiday in the Seychelles? That might explain the automated replies and non-response. Give them another day.
Best of luck, anyway,
Jenny

XXXphxxx (X)
XXXphxxx (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:35
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Pentecost May 28, 2012

It's a public holiday in a lot of countries today. According to this list it's not a public holiday in the Seychelles but I'd still give them another day.

http://www.seychelles.travel/en/plan_your_visit/public_holidays.php

Vincent Lemma
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
had thought of holidays May 28, 2012

and that would explain much, though I found it odd that the PM mentioned nothing of it.
Anyways, was just baffled and most likely just closed for some reason or other.
I guess that the open-world market kind of makes you forget that the other guy is not living the same scenario that you are.

Cheers

Edward Potter
Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Give them some slack May 29, 2012

If it is a good-paying company with booming business, they might not have been able to find the time to send you the PO. Pick up the phone.

Vincent Lemma
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Fair enough Edward May 29, 2012

Cute em' all da' slack they need As for their credibility, booming business and paying procedures, I can only base myself on the BlueBoard.
Aside form the PO, mine was also an issue of follow-up service post translation.
Do consider that a company, in my opinion, should issue POs at the start of a job, or, if not possible for some reason, at least be a bit more specific.
Yes, the phone is good, but I want to give
... See more
Cute em' all da' slack they need As for their credibility, booming business and paying procedures, I can only base myself on the BlueBoard.
Aside form the PO, mine was also an issue of follow-up service post translation.
Do consider that a company, in my opinion, should issue POs at the start of a job, or, if not possible for some reason, at least be a bit more specific.
Yes, the phone is good, but I want to give the agency a few days. Benefit of the doubt.
Thnx
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hard to track agencies.

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »