Thread poster: Anja Weggel
Anja Weggel
Anja Weggel  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:19
Member (2007)
English to German
Jul 24, 2004

Dear all,

as my business is growing bigger, I'm looking for a simpple software to create invoices and keep track of them. Does anyone have experience you would like to share? The market regarding these softwares is so huge, I have no clue where to start. I would be grateful for suggestions.

Thanks to all
Anja

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
Translation 3000 Jul 24, 2004

This could be the tool you're looking for:

Accounting and Marketing of Translation Jobs for Freelance ...Price: EUR149 or USD175.

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small translation agencies. ...

www.translation3000.com

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:19
Swedish to English
+ ...
Translation 3000 Jul 24, 2004

I bought Translation 3000 a few months ago, and I am very happy with it. You have to be very conscientious about setting it up, with lots of data about customers, their currencies, contacts. payment terms, and then about entering details about jobs, but once that is done, it becomes easy to track your quotes, jobs, expenses, invoices, payments, accounts and settings. It handles all the business aspects of the job in one place, and produces customised professional-looking invoices. Worth a look... See more
I bought Translation 3000 a few months ago, and I am very happy with it. You have to be very conscientious about setting it up, with lots of data about customers, their currencies, contacts. payment terms, and then about entering details about jobs, but once that is done, it becomes easy to track your quotes, jobs, expenses, invoices, payments, accounts and settings. It handles all the business aspects of the job in one place, and produces customised professional-looking invoices. Worth a look.Collapse

Rahi Moosavi
Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:19
Member (2004)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Translation Office 3000 Jul 24, 2004

Another vote in favor of this powerful yet simple software.
Try downloading a trial version first and see how it works for you. I didn't hesitate a day to purchase it (The special price was 119 EUR I think few months ago)

http://www.translation3000.com/Setup3000V7.exe (size 3.7 MB)

[Edited at 2004-07-24 17:17]

lien
lien
Netherlands
English to French
+ ...
Customer pro-file Jul 25, 2004

awts wrote:

as my business is growing bigger, I'm looking for a simpple software to create invoices and keep track of them. Does anyone have experience you would like to share? The market regarding these softwares is so huge, I have no clue where to start. I would be grateful for suggestions.

Translation 3000 is good, but big for a single translator. I use Customer Pro-File, a small program (4Mb) but it has everything, perfect for keeping tracks of invoices, it even keep track of the too-late invoice and make itself a reminding letter, it calculate the invoices and on one click you print them or send them per email. Very complete, with a calendar, an exchange rate calculator, you can even create a personal glossary, and more... you can try it till 25 invoices, after you can buy it for US$ 49. It is fully customizable, you can make the invoice with you own logo if you want, you can choose any font or color or style you want.

I spend one afternoon to play with it to understand all the possibilities.

http://www.landsw.com/screens.htm

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
Practiline Jul 25, 2004

awts wrote:

Dear all,

Thanks to all
Anja
I suggest Practiline, Practicount software, it does word counting ( various formats ) creats invoice on the fly.
Rgds
Brandis

Carlos Nogueira
Carlos Nogueira  Identity Verified
English to Portuguese
TOM 5.0 Jul 26, 2004

I use TOM. It is great.
You can check it here:

www.jovo-soft.de

Arben Seva
Arben Seva  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2003)
English to Albanian
+ ...
QuickBooks 2004 Oct 10, 2004

Very good program. However I can't figure out how to turn on the multicurrency option.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

accounting software?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »