Where has a thread disappeared?
Thread poster: Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Local time: 17:30
English to Russian
Aug 4, 2004

A recent thread "My experience vs Blue Board" has vanished into the thin air. Am I the only one who cannot access it? If not, who can shed the light on the subject?
Thank you.
Aleksandr.

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 15:30
English to Dutch
+ ...
No idea Aug 4, 2004

Aleksandr Okunev wrote:

A recent thread "My experience vs Blue Board" has vanished into the thin air. Am I the only one who cannot access it? If not, who can shed the light on the subject?
Thank you.
Aleksandr.

Are you sure you posted it in this forum? I have checked the last 50 threads or so and couldn't find the thread you mentioned...

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Not sure which thread you are referring to Aug 4, 2004

Hi Aleksandr,
If you are referring to the topic posted by a member who couldn't find a BB entry she has made, this thread was closed and removed since the problem was solved (the entry found )

Can't see any other thread which would correspond with the title you quote...

Magda

[Edited at 2004-08-04 12:24]

Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Aleksandr Okunev (X)
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
It's not *my* thread. Aug 4, 2004

If you are referring to the topic posted by a member who couldn't find a BB entry she has made, this thread was closed and removed since the problem was solved (the entry found )

No this was a post by someone who saw nice rating of an agency on BB and, replying upon them, stumbled into a non payer, at leas this is what I remember. This situation is similar to mine, and I'm quite interested in the follow-up. When I clicked on the thread link I saw nothing but a template page, the previous and next threads (if you edit the address by hand) are there.
Unfortunately, I deleted it from my mail client.
What *I* think, to be honest, is that BB issues are quite a delicate matter, so it was deleted. Am I right?

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Found it Aug 4, 2004

Hi again,
the thread you are referring to was removed since the poster deleted all contents of her posts. Obviously she doesn't want it to be further discussed (that's why I also removed your posting where you are quoting this thread).

You may like to contact the poster privately about this issue.

HTH,
Magda

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
Yes, and thread was initially not posted in this forum... Aug 4, 2004

Magda Dziadosz wrote:

Hi again,
the thread you are referring to was removed since the poster deleted all contents of her posts. Obviously she doesn't want it to be further discussed (that's why I also removed your posting where you are quoting this thread).

You may like to contact the poster privately about this issue.

HTH,
Magda

But in 'Money Matters'.

Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Aleksandr Okunev (X)
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Probably things have changed, have they? Aug 4, 2004

the poster deleted all contents of her posts. You may like to contact the poster privately about this issue.

Clear now, thanks a lot for your time and comments. I am not going to contact the poster. By a coincedence, when I worked for a large tyre producer I was very good at hunting non/slow payers. Now I have an agency with decent BB rating who feed me giberrish and do not pay petty cash. I'll try and test 'real life' routines on those strange people and, hopefully, will come up with some useful tips for the colleagues. I already have one: do not rely entirely on BB.

Cheers
Aleksandr

[Edited at 2004-08-04 16:30]

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 16:30
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
None the less, Aug 4, 2004

you should enter your rating in the BB just for the benefit of your ProZ colleagues. Of course, there are several other payment practices lists, but I do not see your point of not believing the Blue Board.
Unless, of course, you (and maybe others), for some reason (probably in hope to get the payment after all, if you do not spoil the reputation of the entity in question) are afraid to rate them. I, from my experience can say that it is futile- if they wouldn’t pay you, they wouldn’t r
... See more
you should enter your rating in the BB just for the benefit of your ProZ colleagues. Of course, there are several other payment practices lists, but I do not see your point of not believing the Blue Board.
Unless, of course, you (and maybe others), for some reason (probably in hope to get the payment after all, if you do not spoil the reputation of the entity in question) are afraid to rate them. I, from my experience can say that it is futile- if they wouldn’t pay you, they wouldn’t regardless of your entering the rating on the BB or not. The remaining option is court action. And that's that.

Please bear in mind- non-payers have already lost their reputation (of course, you can presume that you’re the only one whom they do not pay, but that’s seldom true), so they have nothing more to loose (except the money owed).

Uldis

Aleksandr Okunev wrote:
I'll try and test 'real life' routines on those strange people and, hopefully, will come up with some useful tips for the colleagues. I already have one: do not rely entirely on BB.

Cheers
Aleksandr
Collapse

Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Aleksandr Okunev (X)
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
I'm not certain about their intentions Aug 5, 2004

Uldis Liepkalns wrote: Unless, of course, you are afraid to rate them.
... of course, you can presume that you’re the only one whom they do not pay, but that’s seldom true...

I am not afraid to give negaive feedback but my impression they are waiting for the end client to pay: they responded to my reminder and in general it looks like they are simply hard-up.
I am sure that they pay without delays to fellow translators located in Europe and USA (I live in Belarus), hence the generally positive feedback on the BB about them. With me, they decided to wait a bit. I'm afraid they made a mistake.
On the whole, I will wait some more time until I have a clear picture of where we are and then enter BB rating and publish the full story elsewhere.

Thanks for your feedback!
Aleksandr

Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Aleksandr Okunev (X)
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Case closed Aug 5, 2004

Payment just received: delayed and reduced by wire expenses. Will report on BB shortly.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where has a thread disappeared?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »