Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Does Paypal allow you to receive money in Argentina?
Thread poster: Robert INGLEDEW
Robert INGLEDEW
Robert INGLEDEW  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 12:13
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 23, 2004

I have a client in Spain who wants to pay me some jobs using Paypal, but I have read in previous forums that Paypal only allows you in Argentina to send money, but not to receive it. I would like to know if this situation has changed, or not.

Since I have already used the Yahoo WorldCard for receiving a payment without any problem, I would like to know before I give payment instructions to my client.

Thank you so much.

Roberto Inglede

... See more
I have a client in Spain who wants to pay me some jobs using Paypal, but I have read in previous forums that Paypal only allows you in Argentina to send money, but not to receive it. I would like to know if this situation has changed, or not.

Since I have already used the Yahoo WorldCard for receiving a payment without any problem, I would like to know before I give payment instructions to my client.

Thank you so much.

Roberto Inglede

[Edited at 2004-08-23 20:10]

[Edited at 2004-08-23 20:11]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-08-23 21:04]
Collapse

Lorena Becker
Lorena Becker
English to Spanish
+ ...
Paypal aún no funciona en Argentina [in English, please] Aug 23, 2004

Hola Robert! te cuento que aún Paypal no funciona en Argentina (para extraer el dinero que se recibe). Hace poco tiempo recibí en correo-e en el cual me informaban que la situación ha cambiado respecto de Argentina, entre otros páises. Anteriormente no podíamos recibir dinero, ahora podemos recibir pero no podemos extraerlo. Es decir que el dinero quedaría en tu cuenta de paypal y con él podría realizar compras o realizar otros pagos. Esto se debe a que todavía no se ha llegado a un acu... See more
Hola Robert! te cuento que aún Paypal no funciona en Argentina (para extraer el dinero que se recibe). Hace poco tiempo recibí en correo-e en el cual me informaban que la situación ha cambiado respecto de Argentina, entre otros páises. Anteriormente no podíamos recibir dinero, ahora podemos recibir pero no podemos extraerlo. Es decir que el dinero quedaría en tu cuenta de paypal y con él podría realizar compras o realizar otros pagos. Esto se debe a que todavía no se ha llegado a un acuerdo con algún banco de la Argentina
Suerte!
Lorena

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-08-24 06:35]
Collapse

Valentina Pecchiar
Valentina Pecchiar  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
See the link to PayPal FAQ Aug 23, 2004

Robert INGLEDEW wrote:
I have read in previous forums that Paypal only allows you in Argentina to send money, but not to receive it. I would like to know if this situation has changed, or not.

Hi Robert

See the link

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-approved-signup-countries-outside

The way I understand it, an Argentinian PayPal account CAN receive a payment but CANNOT trasfer the amount received in an Argentinian *bank account*.

The list of countries where withdrawals to local bank accounts are allowed is growing every day (I just noticed Ireland had been added and it wasn't there a couple of weeks ago... I *used* to be in the same situation), keep an eye on it.

HTH

[Edited at 2004-08-23 20:52]

Robert INGLEDEW
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
THANK YOU SO MUCH Aug 23, 2004

I suspected that, I only wanted to be sure.

For those who are looking for alternatives, I have received a payment with Yahoo's WorldCard, and cashed it at an ATM without any inconvenience.

Regards from Argentina.

Monica Colangelo
Monica Colangelo  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Se puede via USA Bank Aug 25, 2004

Hola Robert:

Cuando insiste hasta el hartazgo en pagarme via PayPal, les hago enviar los fondos a una cuenta que mi hermano tiene en el City Bank of Florida. Te adelanto que se pierde mucho dinero con las transferencias.

Cariños,
Mónica

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 16:13
English to Dutch
+ ...
Please write your messages for this forum in English Aug 25, 2004

trixiemck wrote:

Hola Robert:

Cuando insiste hasta el hartazgo en pagarme via PayPal, les hago enviar los fondos a una cuenta que mi hermano tiene en el City Bank of Florida. Te adelanto que se pierde mucho dinero con las transferencias.

Cariños,
Mónica

Robert INGLEDEW
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SORRY, THE MESSAGE WAS IN SPANISH, I HAD A LOT OF WORK AND DID NOT NOTICE Aug 25, 2004

WORLD CARD IS NOT EXPENSIVE. The cost of setting up the card is some 17 US Dollars, and then each DEPOSIT costs some 8 dollars to the agency and one dollar and a half to the translator, irrespective of the amount deposited.

As you may see, a one thousand Dollar transfer by Western Union can cost you nearly 100 Dollars, to send the cheque by DHL can cost you some 32 Dollars (FedEx costs about 50 or 60), but to send ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS BY WORLDCARD COSTS YOU:

Set-up fee
... See more
WORLD CARD IS NOT EXPENSIVE. The cost of setting up the card is some 17 US Dollars, and then each DEPOSIT costs some 8 dollars to the agency and one dollar and a half to the translator, irrespective of the amount deposited.

As you may see, a one thousand Dollar transfer by Western Union can cost you nearly 100 Dollars, to send the cheque by DHL can cost you some 32 Dollars (FedEx costs about 50 or 60), but to send ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS BY WORLDCARD COSTS YOU:

Set-up fee (only once, then you can continue using it) $17
Transfer $ 8 for the agency
$ 2 for the translator.

It is still by far the cheapest option. And the next deposit of one thousand dollars (or whatever) will cost only the ten US Dollars.

Sorry to have answered in Spanish. The question was in Spanish and I automatically answered it in that language.

Robert Ingledew

[Edited at 2004-08-25 21:55]
Collapse

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
I will hide your messages and lock this thread if you continue posting in Spanish Aug 25, 2004

To everyone who posted in Spanish:

as a courtesy to fellow members, may I kindly ask you to repost your message in English?

If not, I'll simply hide your message.
I can't allow an exception to forum rule 4 here and yes, this is the third time I'm asking.

Thanks for your understanding.

Robert INGLEDEW
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SORRY, EVERT Aug 25, 2004

I saw a question in Spanish and automatically answered it in Spanish, assuming it was the one I posted in the Spanish forum. I have a lot of work, and therefore did not have time for details. However, I have reposted my answer in English.

Thank you for drawing my attention to this.

Robert Ingledew

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
Perfect, thanks Robert! Aug 25, 2004

Robert INGLEDEW wrote:

I saw a question in Spanish and automatically answered it in Spanish, assuming it was the one I posted in the Spanish forum. I have a lot of work, and therefore did not have time for details. However, I have reposted my answer in English.

Thank you for drawing my attention to this.

Robert Ingledew

Ana Krämer
Ana Krämer
Argentina
Member (2004)
German to English
+ ...
Where was the money sent from? Sep 17, 2004

Robert INGLEDEW wrote:

I suspected that, I only wanted to be sure.

For those who are looking for alternatives, I have received a payment with Yahoo's WorldCard, and cashed it at an ATM without any inconvenience.

Regards from Argentina.

I have to receive a payment from Germany, do you know how this would work? Or can transfers only be made from the US? From Spain I receive my payments via DineroExpress (BBVA) which is very efficient, but there is no such thing for Germany, and I really don't want to share my earnings with any bank charging exaggerated fees!!
Regards from Buenos Aires.

Robert INGLEDEW
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I RECEIVED IT FROM THE USA (NORTH CAROLINA) Sep 18, 2004

I have very few clients in Europe, but if you look up the page it will tell you if you can receive money from Germany. Just check the section regarding costs. Since HSBC is a British bank, I believe they should work with Germany.

Regards from Mar del Plata.

Robert

Florencia Azarola
Florencia Azarola
English to Spanish
+ ...
World Card Jul 23, 2005

Dear Robert,

I don´t know if yours was an old message because I tried to find out about the World Card and it is no longer in Yahoo. Do you happen to have any link related or something that might help me get it?

I really appreciate your help,

Florencia

Robert INGLEDEW
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, that was nearly a year ago Jul 24, 2005

Some of my clients that wanted to use it for paying me, say it no longer exists...

The cheapest safe ways of receiving money from the USA are:
1) DHL (quite cheaper than FedEx, about 40 Dollars, it arrives in about 4 days)
2) Western Union: about 8 per cent fee, but one of my clients became a member (don`t ask me how) and paid about half that price.
3) Moneygram: supposed to be cheaper than Western Union.

Regards.

Robert

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does Paypal allow you to receive money in Argentina?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »