Thread poster: sebastian lantos

sebastian lantos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:35
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 23, 2004

I have a client that needs a subcontracted interpreter I already have aligned for a three week job outside the United States.
Does anyone have a sample contract for client and subcontractor?
Sebastian Lantos

Direct link Reply with quote
shfranke  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:35
English to Arabic
+ ...
Contracted person for overseas (out of US) work Sep 28, 2004

You should be able to modify your basic contract for the person you are dispatching overseas (outside the US) under your firm's auspices.

Whatever document you used to engage & sign up that person in the first place should include the relevant coverages, compensation program, and customary clauses and provisions for overseas work.

If that overseas work includes duty in a region or country that the US Government has declared as a "hazardous duty location" or "eminent danger situation" (i.e., Iraq, Jordan, Somalia, and Sudan apparently soon enough) then your contract with that deploying person must also include the now-standard coverages, protections, benefits and provisions required by the US law called the "Defense Base Act."

Hope this helps.

Stephen H. Franke
(English Arabic,
Kurdish and Farsi)
San Pedro, California

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sample Contract For out of Country Job

Advanced search

Translation news PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs