Mobile menu

CAT Tools for Macintosh
Thread poster: Claudio Chagas
Claudio Chagas
Local time: 16:05
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Sep 28, 2004

I'm a Mac user and apart from Wordfast I don't know of any translation aid programme that runs native on the Mac. It would be wonderful to have a Mac versoin of TRADOS, for instance.

If you can let me know of any othe CAT tool I can use on a Mac running OS X I'd be very appreciative.

Direct link Reply with quote
xxxMarc P  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:05
German to English
+ ...
CAT Tools for Macintosh Sep 28, 2004

Have you tried the Araya Suite, or OmegaT?

They may not be quite what you're looking for, but together with Wordfast, they're probably the best currently available for the Mac. You can wait for the main commercial vendors like TRADOS to take pity upon the Mac community if you like, but it's likely to be a long wait.

The alternative is to make the most of what's already there. If more Mac users were to do so, the Mac might experience a renaissance. As it is, few translators consider the Mac owing to the lack of CAT tools, and few CAT tool vendors are willing to port to the Mac because the market is too small. A viscious circle.

Just my 2 cents,

Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:05
Member (2005)
German to Spanish
Wordfast Sep 28, 2004 for Mac too.

Trados is not better

Stéphan Goldsmith
Local time: 14:05
English to French
+ ...
Trados on Mac OS X via Virtual PC Sep 28, 2004

You can use Trados (provided it has a USB dongle) on Mac OS X via Virtual PC.

Just have to make sure you have a lot of RAM available.

See this thread taken from the Apple/Mac operating system forum :

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CAT Tools for Macintosh

Advanced search

Translation news

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs