Thread poster: Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Jul 18, 2013

I am very pleased to contact you in regard to fulfill any need you may have for an European protégées linguist who can provide services such as translation.
In the contemporary word were globalization and internationalization are the motto for successful business, language services are of an extreme , I am portance , and I aim to provide the best service for my costumers in that particular , given them n advantage over there competitors with my skills to reach there goals I am a nat
... See more
I am very pleased to contact you in regard to fulfill any need you may have for an European protégées linguist who can provide services such as translation.
In the contemporary word were globalization and internationalization are the motto for successful business, language services are of an extreme , I am portance , and I aim to provide the best service for my costumers in that particular , given them n advantage over there competitors with my skills to reach there goals I am a native Portuguese free lancer translator located in Portugal , who has more than 10 years of experience in the business I started in my university times when studying English and protégées teaching, and always kept doing it as apart- time job while pursuing other interests and gaining experience in other areas. There for, I can assure great command of both languages , no only in the correctness of the formal writing, but Oslo in the since of cultural references and easiness of finding the best terminology for the task. Now a days translation and linguistic services are my main activity.
Due to my Varity interests, I can work successfully in many fields, but I am most proficient in the fields of literature, engineering, business and marketing , web and it and education. At the moment I am enrolled a masters program in the last field, specifically learning.
I praise my self on being a professional in any project I enter, and kept to excellent standards and a strict adherence to deadlines and the terms of service greed upon .
many of my translations are of confidential nature.
I would be most pleased if I could be of use to your company, and inter a cooperation that, I am sure, would last for many years.
Collapse

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 02:22
Spanish to English
+ ...
But seriously Jul 18, 2013

This is a joke, right?

JaneD
JaneD  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2009)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Wonderful! Jul 18, 2013

I think my favourite bit is "specifically learning". You definitely can't get more specific than that.

DLyons
DLyons  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 01:22
Spanish to English
+ ...
Must be Jul 18, 2013

neilmac wrote:

This is a joke, right?

If it were better, it might be Google Translate going independent.

Charlotte Farrell
Charlotte Farrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2013)
German to English
+ ...
If you read it out loud Jul 18, 2013

it 'sounds' alright in parts but obviously is basically no since. 'I am portance' may become my new professional motto.

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Greed Jul 18, 2013

"... the terms of service greed upon ..."

True - there is definitely too much greed involved in this type of business

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
No, thanks! Jul 18, 2013

Over the last year or so, I have received an endless number of shoddy CVs! The result is that I no longer read them and all CVs (good and bad) are immediately binned…

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No joke AFAIK Jul 18, 2013

Teresa Borges wrote:

Over the last year or so, I have received an endless number of shoddy CVs! The result is that I no longer read them and all CVs (good and bad) are immediately binned…

Ditto, only this one caught my eye somehow.

I wish I knew how to stop them, because we never send work out. I have replied to a good 50 asking where they got our details and not one has replied.

Gül Kaya
Gül Kaya  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Turkish to English
+ ...
Desperately seeking translators. No experience required. Jul 18, 2013

I don't think it's a joke when you consider the pop-up companies as per below:

http://www.realtranslatorjobs.com/?hop=qinqin521

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Shocking Jul 18, 2013

Gül Kaya wrote:

I don't think it's a joke when you consider the pop-up companies as per below:

http://www.realtranslatorjobs.com/?hop=qinqin521

I can't quite believe that's for real...

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
inter a cooperation Jul 18, 2013

Yes, this cooperation should be interred before it starts.

Natalia Mackevich
Natalia Mackevich  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Russian
+ ...
A very funny subvertisement! Jul 18, 2013

I particularly liked the Oslo part.

Steven Segaert
Steven Segaert
Estonia
Local time: 03:22
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Test? Jul 18, 2013

You could ask for a test translation, "for our entertainment"...

Orrin Cummins
Orrin Cummins  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 09:22
Japanese to English
+ ...
From the site linked above Jul 18, 2013

"Thousands of people online are discovering how doing simple translator jobs from home can be very profitable!"

With the number of highly technical, difficult translation projects being offered at the "great opportunity" rate of 0.01 USD in some language pairs, I fail to understand how simple jobs can be very profitable

Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Italian to English
+ ...
and Jul 18, 2013

...am sure you wont to sue me fur my language kills

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anybody want to hire this freelancer?!

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »