Mobile menu

Rates for English - Japanese web translation
Thread poster: Elizabeth Sumner
Elizabeth Sumner
Local time: 15:47
Russian to English
+ ...
Oct 21, 2004

Hi, could anyone give me an idea how much English to Japanese website translation would cost? The site has been created in NetObjects Fusion and html would be available. The webpage is for a small business importing/exporting contemporary Japanese and English art. This isn't a translation order, I'm more trying to get a feel for the price so the owner and designer of the site can decide just what they want to do.

Kind regards,

Elizabeth Sumner
www.polaris-translation.co.uk

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 16:47
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...
Moving the topic Oct 21, 2004

to the Business issues forum.

Andreas Baranowski  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:47
English to German
+ ...
Agency vs. Freelancer Oct 22, 2004

Hi Elizabeth,

Elizabeth Sumner wrote:

Hi, could anyone give me an idea how much English to Japanese website translation would cost?

In my experience, around 20-25 yen per word of translation output should buy your client a very decent translation if you give the job to an agency. You can get a good translation for less if you ask a freelancer (e.g. 12-15 yen per word, which is considered high for the English-to-Japanese pair, but I wouldn't go much lower).

Regards
Andreas

Elizabeth Sumner
Local time: 15:47
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your advice Oct 28, 2004

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your quick advice. I just wish the owner of the site could decide what he wants - at least before the end of the year!

Elizabeth

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rates for English - Japanese web translation

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs