Mobile menu

language sub-editors agreement/contract - UK
Thread poster: Claudio Chagas
Claudio Chagas
Local time: 21:42
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Nov 18, 2004

I've been contacted by a contract publisher in the UK who is trying to pull together a team of language sub-editors for a large amount of editing work on producing two 128pp and two 38pp brochures that will need editing both in Word and Quark.

A natural question here is the rate of pay on offer. So I'm seeking advice on how to draw up a clear agreement about what the deal involves and help working out what to charge.

If any of you with experience in this business know of a contract/agreement which records the facts by putting it in writing, I'd be interested in knowing what its recommendations to sub-editors/translators are.

I'm looking forward to reading any feedback from you.

Thank you,

[Edited at 2004-11-19 14:09]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

language sub-editors agreement/contract - UK

Advanced search

Translation news

The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs