Mobile menu

Opinions on "Customer Pro-File" program
Thread poster: Laszlo Prising

Laszlo Prising  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:56
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Nov 20, 2004

I just bought the above program to replace my Excel file in which I presently keep track of my jobs/clients/invoices. I wanted something more structured and versatile - without the overhead of a heavy accounting program.

I am wondering if anybody here uses this program, and what are the opinions on it.

(I also want to reassure myself it wasn't a rushed decision to buy it . right at the setup it seemed like the program is specifically geared towards small clinics and/or therapists...)

Thanks for all the input in advance!

Laszlo Prising

Direct link Reply with quote

Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:56
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Customer ProFile` Nov 21, 2004

Hello Laszlo,

I've been using this program for a couple of years now. It is a useful tool and I think better than using an Excel file. The translators version takes into account different languages which you can customize depending on who your client is. You can also use the pound, dollar, euro and other symbols on the bottom line.

I think it is a good intermediate invoicing system for a growing translation business but when you get to a certain point you would need a more powerful and integrated tool. Such a tool would cost much more than Customer ProFile.

Another positive aspect is that the customer service was good. My questions were answered promptly and satisfactorily. The developer also was willing to make customized changes for me for a price.

So, it is a good invoicing tool if your business is not too big and want good looking invoices and want a way of keeping track of them.

Good luck and let me know how you like it after you've been using it a while.

Laura Blijleven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:56
English to Dutch
Agree - good intermediate system Nov 23, 2004

Hi there,

I have been using it for years now and it has served me well. The "bilings by month" button is my favorite feature!

Disadvanatages: you have to have the full version of Acrobat if you want to output emailable invoices, and after a couple of years the amount of data gets so large that it can take the program 5 minuts (no kidding) to start up. The only remedy I found was deleting old records one by one - a tedious task. Next time it gets to that point I'll probably shell out a few 100 for Quickbooks or something like that.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opinions on "Customer Pro-File" program

Advanced search

Translation news

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs