ABDULLAH ABDULLAH
ABDULLAH ABDULLAH  Identity Verified
Yemen
Local time: 04:51
Somali to English
+ ...
Sep 22, 2014

Hello everybody!

It is good to be hear.I have been reading for these forums for years and never registered but today I did because I need your help with choosing a business name. I am starting a translation business which will an agency and which I intend to market to international clients. Now what I want is to get a perfect, perhaps short name to work with.
I am originally from Somalia but can speak English and Arabic well since I got a degree in Translation with those two l
... See more
Hello everybody!

It is good to be hear.I have been reading for these forums for years and never registered but today I did because I need your help with choosing a business name. I am starting a translation business which will an agency and which I intend to market to international clients. Now what I want is to get a perfect, perhaps short name to work with.
I am originally from Somalia but can speak English and Arabic well since I got a degree in Translation with those two languages. My name is Abdullah Abdullah, with a middle name that also starts with A.I am telling you this so that it might help you help me get a decent name.

Thank you for your time. I appreciate it a lot.

Regards;
Abdullah.
Collapse

Henry Hinds
Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:51
English to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
AAA Sep 22, 2014

Cal it AAA, that way you'll be at the beginning of everyone's list.

Jean-Pierre Artigau (X)
Jean-Pierre Artigau (X)
Canada
Local time: 21:51
English to French
+ ...
Your market Sep 22, 2014

What is the main language of the members of the market you are going to serve? Your name should sound good in that language, whether it is Somali, Arabic or English.

Jean-Pierre

ABDULLAH ABDULLAH
Yemen
Somali to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Henry Sep 22, 2014

Thanks Henry for your reply. I have thought about that really but I am hoping to get more suggestions with short website name if possible.

Andrea Halbritter
Andrea Halbritter  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:51
French to German
+ ...
AAA Translation Sep 23, 2014

I thought on AAA Translation as well. Check though if this does not already exist.

ABDULLAH ABDULLAH
Yemen
Somali to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yeah, it seems the obvious Sep 23, 2014

Jean- , It will be English.
Andrea -, Yeah it seems iti s the obvious one. If I choose AAA, what kind of website will I have? I prefer the domain name to be short.

Thank you all.

ABDULLAH ABDULLAH
Yemen
Somali to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Oops ... AAA taken Sep 23, 2014

Well, I just made a quite google search and I found out that AAA Translations is taken.

Bertrand Malingrey
Bertrand Malingrey  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:51
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
111AAA Sep 23, 2014

that's intense brainstorming guys.
keep it coming.

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:51
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Just a thought Sep 23, 2014

AAA Translations indeed is taken, but seeing your language combination, what is wrong with "Abdullah Translations"?

Like stated in the title: "just a thought".

ABDULLAH ABDULLAH
Yemen
Somali to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Robert, it is kinda weak not unique enough Sep 24, 2014

Robert, it is kinda weak not unique enough. You know because it will sound more like a one man show and that is soething I dont intend to do as I have plans to recruit many translators and workers of other tusks. So Abdullah Translations is also a long name when you consider to create a website.

I have a number of domains which I already started to think of and even locally. Names like Beyond Meaning Translations , In-Depth Translations, etc but I am still looking for other names
... See more
Robert, it is kinda weak not unique enough. You know because it will sound more like a one man show and that is soething I dont intend to do as I have plans to recruit many translators and workers of other tusks. So Abdullah Translations is also a long name when you consider to create a website.

I have a number of domains which I already started to think of and even locally. Names like Beyond Meaning Translations , In-Depth Translations, etc but I am still looking for other names as I came up with those names from my mind and would like to see what other ideas my fellow translators have.

thanks guys and keep it coming.
Collapse

ABDULLAH ABDULLAH
Yemen
Somali to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Anymore suggestions Oct 1, 2014

Hello there guys,

Any more suggestions or that is all?

Rachel Waddington
Rachel Waddington  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:51
Dutch to English
+ ...
Beyond Meaning Oct 1, 2014

I'd steer clear of "Beyond Meaning Translations". It made me think "translations so bad they're meaningless?".

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Business Name Help.....

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »