Blacklisting a translator
Thread poster: Jianjun Zhang

Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:47
English to Chinese
+ ...
Dec 30, 2004

I wonder whether there is a system within the circle of translation agencies that blacklists translators.

For example, if a translator has a bad history record, whether there is a blacklisting system that prevents this translator from being hired by other agencies sharing this information?

Direct link Reply with quote

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 15:47
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
As far as I know Dec 30, 2004

there is not. At least I have never heard of such, also outside ProZ.
There regularly has been discussions here on ProZ whether such a system is needed, but in every case it has boiled down to nothing.
Please enter *Rating translators* in the search box, check "Forums" and you'll find many of these threads.

Uldis

Jianjun Zhang wrote:

I wonder whether there is a system within the circle of translation agencies that blacklists translators.

For example, if a translator has a bad history record, whether there is a blacklisting system that prevents this translator from being hired by other agencies sharing this information?

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Blacklisting a translator

Advanced search

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs