Thread poster: Jianjun Zhang
Jianjun Zhang
Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:59
English to Chinese
+ ...
Dec 30, 2004

I wonder whether there is a system within the circle of translation agencies that blacklists translators.

For example, if a translator has a bad history record, whether there is a blacklisting system that prevents this translator from being hired by other agencies sharing this information?

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 15:59
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
As far as I know Dec 30, 2004

there is not. At least I have never heard of such, also outside ProZ.
There regularly has been discussions here on ProZ whether such a system is needed, but in every case it has boiled down to nothing.
Please enter *Rating translators* in the search box, check "Forums" and you'll find many of these threads.

Uldis

Jianjun Zhang wrote:

I wonder whether there is a system within the circle of translation agencies that blacklists translators.

For example, if a translator has a bad history record, whether there is a blacklisting system that prevents this translator from being hired by other agencies sharing this information?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Blacklisting a translator

Translation news

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »