Wordcounts
Thread poster: Arthur Borges

Arthur Borges
China
Local time: 06:33
English
+ ...
May 16, 2002

I simply use the MSWord wordcounter, then do a search&replace that replaces every apostrophe with another apostrophe. This operation ends with a figure for the total number of replacements effected, i.e. the total number of doubled-up words, e.g. j\'ai, n\'avez. Obviously, my source language is French and the basis for the billing. However, the publishing industry uses page counts and spaces between words ARE part of the count.

Direct link Reply with quote

Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 00:33
English to Dutch
+ ...
Just happened to browse thru this forum, Arthur Oct 10, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-05-16 07:58, Arthur wrote:

I simply use the MSWord wordcounter, then do a search&replace that replaces every apostrophe with another apostrophe. This operation ends with a figure for the total number of replacements effected, i.e. the total number of doubled-up words, e.g. j\'ai, n\'avez. Obviously, my source language is French and the basis for the billing. However, the publishing industry uses page counts and spaces between words ARE part of the count.

I simply use Practicount & Invoice 1.1 (www.practiline.com) for my wordcounts.

Other than that, I won\'t be able to make it to China, unfortunately...

Best regards,

Evert

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-10-11 16:00 ]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordcounts

Advanced search

Translation news

Lilt
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs