Tarification for non WORD format documents
Thread poster: Olga Helm

Olga Helm  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:59
French to English
Apr 3, 2005

Hello - Could anyone please tell me what sort of tarif they charge for translating documents that are not in Word format...I've been asked to translate a computer program type document and it's quite complicated flipping from one page to another and is most especially complicated for proof reading at the end...for word documents non technical I usually charge 0,008 cts/euro... thanks for your input
Olga

Direct link Reply with quote

Christopher RH
Local time: 10:59
French to English
If it isn't too late: Apr 4, 2005

I generally try to put the onus back on the client: ask for a plain text version for translation, then offer an hourly rate for inserting the completed text back into their application if they don't want to do it themselves.

This is my main tactic for avoiding PowerPoint (like the plague...) but if I've already taken a job, I generally consider it's my problem. Once bitten...

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tarification for non WORD format documents

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums