Thread poster: CPTrans
CPTrans
CPTrans
United States
Local time: 03:15
English to Danish
+ ...
Apr 10, 2005

International translators help line, is an organization, who assist in trying to solve the problems between an agency or a translator.
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/ITHL

sylvie malich (X)
sylvie malich (X)
Germany
Local time: 10:15
German to English
Interesting. Apr 11, 2005

Interesting. We all know there's a need for this. The website states: "International translators help line, is an organization, who assist in trying to solve the problems between an agency or a translator.
You have the possibility to rate your agency on good or bad, or a translator on good or bad." [...] "A board is setup with at least 4 people, 2 translators and 2 agencies, in each country. "

How far does this board go in assisting? Do they act as neutral mediator (not such a
... See more
Interesting. We all know there's a need for this. The website states: "International translators help line, is an organization, who assist in trying to solve the problems between an agency or a translator.
You have the possibility to rate your agency on good or bad, or a translator on good or bad." [...] "A board is setup with at least 4 people, 2 translators and 2 agencies, in each country. "

How far does this board go in assisting? Do they act as neutral mediator (not such a bad idea at all) or is there legal advice involved?
Or is this another blueboard listing, which includes the rating of translators?

Enquiring minds want to know,
sylvie
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Who's organising this? Apr 11, 2005

Interesting indeed.
I'd be interested to know who's behind the service, how the costs will be shared, and how many users already participate.

TIA, Ralf

vixen
vixen  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 11:15
English to Dutch
+ ...
A lot of questions Apr 11, 2005

As far as I can see, the list has only just been created and has one member.

Before I would join such a list, I would want to know exactly what type of assistance members can expect and whether this list is a useful addition to other services such as the Blue Board.

Saskia Steur (X)
Saskia Steur (X)  Identity Verified
English to Dutch
+ ...
Members or Boards? Apr 12, 2005

There are eight members now, but what I am unsure about, is if members are boards, or individuals.

Interesting indeed,
Saskia

desiderata (X)
desiderata (X)
Oh give me a break Apr 13, 2005

Oh give me a break children of the moon! This might be interesting to investigate only insofar as we enjoy looking into the many ways we might be ripped off. What has happened to self-reliance when dealing with an agency?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with not getting payed or bad translation

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »