Mobile menu

TranslationMasters.com
Thread poster: xxxwilliamson
xxxwilliamson
Local time: 02:11
Dutch to English
+ ...
Jun 3, 2002

Does anybody have any information about TranslationMasters.com. Seems to be a translation brokerage service. They sent you a mail with an offer to be included in their database for free. But after a while, they start asking 15$ for their service. Is their service effective?

Direct link Reply with quote

Lydia Molea  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Not sure Jun 3, 2002

During my \"trial period\" they sent me two e-mails, something like: \"We found a client for you, as promised\". Too bad they were both far from my language combinations. Personally, I am not willing to pay $15 a month. Maybe someone else has a better impression?

Patricia Myers
United States
Local time: 17:11
English to Catalan
+ ...
My experience Jun 3, 2002

I got three e-mails from possible clients but I don\'t trust the service. I suspect it\'s a set up to get you to sign up. Maybe I\'m wrong but that\'s the impression I got from it. I asked for references in the Spanish forum and nobody had heard from them.

nettranslatorde
Russian to German
+ ...
Got three mails Jun 3, 2002

I got three messages from them in one month, two of them were real jobs, and I came into contact with large agencies. However, one message was of nonsense content :\"You are hot\".

So I think, they don\'t check the mails potential customers send through their system.

That\'s my experience. Time will show whether it is really effective and useful or not.

Kerstin Mouhannaya

Joeri Van Liefferinge  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
I have my doubts Jun 3, 2002

I have received one \"job offer\" from them. It was empty... Als the headings were there, but there was no information. Since then, nothing. I\'m definitely not signing up.

Joeri

bochkor
Local time: 20:11
English to German
+ ...
Scam! Jun 3, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-06-03 06:49, lmolea wrote:

During my \"trial period\" they sent me two e-mails, something like: \"We found a client for you, as promised\". Too bad they were both far from my language combinations. Personally, I am not willing to pay $15 a month. Maybe someone else has a better impression?

Exactly, don\'t pay! These are just a couple of programmers trying to be smart and rip you off by sending you IRRELEVANT MATCHES in your case, certainly claiming to have done the job, because after all their script/program FOUND A MATCH = you gotta pay. Well, BS, don\'t fall for it!

By the way, not in translation, but in web development, there are a lot of such companies (see here on my website:

Yelena.  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:11
English to Russian
+ ...
The same here Jun 3, 2002

I have also received an email from them saying that they\'ve found a potential client for me. The client\'s contact detals, however, were not even mentioned. Sort of empty email. They seem dodgy to me!

Dinorah Maria Tijerino-Acosta
Local time: 20:11
English to Spanish
+ ...
I'm still confused Jun 3, 2002

I have received two emails from them. The first one was giving me the email address from a supposed client, but when I wrote to the client it wa a french translator based in Phonix, Arizona. She certainly did not have any job to offer me in my language combinaton, but she said that sometimes she receives petition for work in my language and that she will keep me in mind!

This weekend I received a second email and they sent me a second email address from a supposed second client. I wrote him, and I\'m awaiting for his answer. I will let you know about this second client.

I certainly looks kind of weird, and I\'m for sure not going to pay $15 a month just out of the blues. I\'m being very cautious about it. We\'ll see what happened.

Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
I would not pay a dime Jun 3, 2002

Good morning!

I had signed-up for the free trial (since I had nothing to lose).

I only received one email saying that they had a job-match for me. Do you know what was in the body of the email?

A message from I gather *the programmers* saying that it was time for me to join and pay the 15$ per month...

Nothing ever came of that trial period and I just don\'t trust the service. Even less now that I\'m reading what the others have received.

I\'d stay away from them if I were you, even if you received a couple of *matches* that may turn out. 15$/month adds up quickly if these are the only messages you ever get!

Too many scammers on the net, beware

Enjoy your day!

Nathalie

Maria Asis  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Insistence to pay Jun 3, 2002

Hi everybody!

I registered but didn\'t receive any mail from them like some of you.

Now when the time is running over, they have sent 2 mails i a short period of time telling me to register. Of course I won\'t!

Have a nice day! Especially for the ones in the Spanish forum. There are turbulences these days, I hope they soon disappear.

Maria José

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TranslationMasters.com

Advanced search

Translation news

TMreserve
Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs