Mobile menu

bookkeeping software
Thread poster: DagmarM
Local time: 19:49
English to German
May 30, 2005

I just wondered if there is a freeware bookkeeping software suitable for translators.
Do you know a good one (freeware or not)?
Thank you in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Peter Linton  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:49
Member (2002)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Translation Office 3000 May 30, 2005

I have been using this package (not free) for a couple of years and find that it is a very effective tool for organising the business side of translation. Highly configurable - you enter details of customers, contacts, currencies, services, wordcounts etc, and once done, it is easy to keep track of work in progress, invoices, payments etc. Sometimes advertised here on ProZ. For trial version :

Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:49
English to French
I agree... May 30, 2005

...with Peter's statement, I have been using for a couple of months and I am delighted with it. Everything a translator needs to manage his business is in there, and you don't need to have a degree in accountancy (my pet peeve) to understand how it works. Definitely worth its price.

Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:49
Partial member (2004)
Farsi (Persian) to English
+ ...
Same here... May 30, 2005

I've been using Translation Office 3000 for about a year now and it's perfect. Can't live without it now.....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

bookkeeping software

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs