Mobile menu

Obtaining payment from overseas agency
Thread poster: Glyn Haggett
Glyn Haggett  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:12
German to English
Jul 7, 2005

I did some work (around £600 worth) a few months ago for an agency based in France. I am now having problems obtaining payment from them. Does anyone have any good tips as to how to obtain payment from agencies based overseas, please? (I am based in the UK)?

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxTekkie
English to German
+ ...
France is overseas? Jul 7, 2005

ROTFL!

Well, I have heard and read quite often that several Britons consider their island not belonging to Europe. These people say that they will go "to the Continent" when intending to cross the narrow English Channel (only 32 km).

However, I never heard or read that a Briton considers France to be overseas!

Now, returning to your actual problem: Why don't you register with www.moneybookers.com and inform your client about your possibility of obtaining payments through them?

Kurt Porter  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:12
Russian to English
+ ...
Collection Jul 7, 2005

Tekkie wrote:

ROTFL!

Well, I have heard and read quite often that several Britons consider their island not belonging to Europe. These people say that they will go "to the Continent" when intending to cross the narrow English Channel (only 32 km).

However, I never heard or read that a Briton considers France to be overseas!

Now, returning to your actual problem: Why don't you register with www.moneybookers.com and inform your client about your possibility of obtaining payments through them?

Andrei wrote a nice article on this issue, perhaps it can help you. Good luck!
http://www.proz.com/translation-articles/articles/328/1/-Collection

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Obtaining payment from overseas agency

Advanced search

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs