Pay Pal Acct. How to create?
Thread poster: Karine J.

Karine J.
Local time: 18:50
French to German
+ ...
Jul 12, 2005

Till now clients are paying via Swift transfer but I´m asking myself what is the avantage of a Pay Pal payment for both, customer and myself and how create one account? Does somebody have experience or can give me some advises?
Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Nina Engberg  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:50
Member (2003)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Greater security and many times more economical Jul 12, 2005

Karine,

In short, it provides greater security in that you don't have to give out your banking information. I live in the U.S., and the PayPal fee to receive payment is less than the fee for receiving wire transfers from abroad.
Go to www.paypal.com, and it should be explained pretty well there. I use PayPal and I think it's great. I can receive payments from half across the world for next to nothing, and I don't have to give anyone my banking information (Besides PayPal, that is).

[Edited at 2005-07-12 09:31]

xxxOlaf
English to German
Check out http://www.paypalsucks.com/ first Jul 12, 2005

You may want to check out http://www.paypalsucks.com/ first.

Karine J.
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the info! Jul 12, 2005

Olaf wrote:

You may want to check out http://www.paypalsucks.com/ first.

Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
Check other entries/postings on this issue Jul 12, 2005

Hi Karine,

This topic has been discussed several times before and hence you may want to read what other members had to say.
Just enter Paypal or Moneybookers in the Search box on the left hand side of this page.

For what it's worth: I have been using Paypal and Moneybookers for quite some time and never experienced any problems.

Good luck!

Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:50
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
No problem with PayPal Jul 13, 2005

I have been using PayPal for a long time and I have had no problems so far. It is a pity that not every country of the world has PayPal available, but hopefully soon they will have it.
HTH,

Monika

[Edited at 2005-07-13 03:46]

xxxPuicz  Identity Verified
Swedish to English
Pay Pal and Skype Jul 13, 2005

Skype used to accept payment for computer to fixed line calls by credit card. Now it seems this method is no longer an option.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pay Pal Acct. How to create?

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs