Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:59
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
6 pages per day Jun 27, 2002

with an average of 0,08 EURO per word gives (page with 1800 characters) something about 125 EURO per day (or 62,50 translation into foreign language). Does this organisation expect those translators to die from starvation? Or are they able to charge four times as much?

Jerzy

João Brogueira  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 11:59
Member (2012)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Calculation Jun 28, 2002

Provided that you have a constant flow of work coming your way, I\'d say that you\'d hardly die on 125 Euro per day, working only 22 days per month (i.e. taking all weekends off).

125 x 22 = 2750 euros

Even after deducting taxes and social security, I gather it\'s still enough for a decent living in Croatia.

But I do agree that 62.5 might be a bit short after taxes and social security.

Regards,

João Brogueira

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

no title

Advanced search

Translation news

Quiick
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
TransPDF.com PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs